Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 AM

62 posts, read 194,876 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I was hoping to get some recommendations for a great chiropractor in the area. We've had good luck in the past with those who use applied kineisology or specialize in sports. Also, any other recommendations for holistic practitioners would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 04:26 PM

Anybody? Anybody? Come on, don't hold out on me...

Old 06-10-2009, 05:26 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,078 times
Joanne Fava, D.C.
1188 Jacaranda Blvd
Venice, FL

Phone: (941) 492-6880

Old 06-10-2009, 06:46 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
Does he or she have to be a gay or gay friendly chiropractor?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 PM

385 posts, read 1,158,828 times
We go to Dr.Becker in Osprey at Healing Hands, he has been wonderful.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM

84 posts, read 354,791 times
Ok, I'll chime-in, but I will preference my post by stating that I have lived in the Sarasota/Bradenton area since 1981. In 1983, I slept incorrectly for several nights, that left a wicked snap in my neck if I turned it down to the left. It did not heal itself after over a year's time. Someone suggested that I seek a chiropractor to assist with this condition.

From the mid-1980's until about 1988, I saw the following Chiropractic Physicians:
(some are no longer listed in the SRQ telephone directory, so I will not list them):

Edward V. Potter D.C.
3424 17th St.

Frank Schwimmer D.C.
2700 S. Tamiami Trail

I credit Dr. Schwimmer for taking the "snap" out of my neck, and after only about 3 visits, where others failed. At that time, Dr. Schwimmer did not use the traditional "Palmer" method (neck and spine cracking, etc.). He used a little hand-manipulator thing that worked kinda like a stapler effect. He would often use this device on my hips, or spinal area, which he said "moves bones". After 3 visits I felt much better, and continued to see him for another 1-2 years. He eventually referred me to Theodore Simon, who I cannot find in the SRQ directory.

That was in the late 1980's, so that's been over 20 years. Otherwise, in case you're new(er) to the Sarasota area, I will list a few chiropractors that I know have been in practice since that time era. I cannot personally speak from experience with any of the below listed. However, if longevity in practice is anything positive, I know these guys have been around for decades, and I usually like to go with the experience:

~ Augustine Chiropractic

~ Dr. Charles E. Liott

~ Dr. Kenneth Carle

~Dr. Joe Hornberger

~ Dr. Joseph Penge

~ Dr. Naomi Fontaine

~ Dr. Christine Koval

~ Kennedy Chiropractic

~ Dr. Kimberly Walters

Again, the names mentioned immediately above, is where I would start personally, if I were looking for a chiropractor. The above listed names were named ONLY based upon their longevity in practice here in Sarasota. They have been around for 2-3 decades,...so that must mean that they're doing something right. Proceed with caution!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 AM

Thanks for all of the recommendations. I will check them out. As far as the gay or gay-friendly thing goes, I don't really care as long as they're good. Although, I don't think I would like someone who was unfriendly to gays ;o)

Old 06-14-2009, 10:12 PM

209 posts, read 452,417 times
Good question/topic. I typically go see my chiropractor before a long trip, and the see him after I return. I seem to get super tight and locked-up sitting too much in a car. So, on a long visit to the area, it would really be nice to get some good recommendations. Gay, non-gay, black-white, green--no worries: I just want results!

Old 08-19-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish View Post
We go to Dr.Becker in Osprey at Healing Hands, he has been wonderful.
Thanks so much for the recommendation. We researched several chiropractors in the area and also consulted with our chiropractor in S. FL. After looking at the websites and education, he suggested Dr. Bachar and Healing Hands. My husband has had several adjustments with him and he is very happy. I haven't gone yet but I am planning to soon. They also have massage there which is a real plus!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:07 PM

385 posts, read 1,158,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine9 View Post
Thanks so much for the recommendation. We researched several chiropractors in the area and also consulted with our chiropractor in S. FL. After looking at the websites and education, he suggested Dr. Bachar and Healing Hands. My husband has had several adjustments with him and he is very happy. I haven't gone yet but I am planning to soon. They also have massage there which is a real plus!
That's wonderful, I am so glad it worked out. I see I spelled his name wrong, glad you figured it out. Though I love Dr.Bacher, I think my favorite part of the visit is with Cooper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area