Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:44 AM

831 posts, read 2,438,240 times

Advertisements

Be very careful at the 17th street park. I have talked to at least 10 people who have had many many problems. It seems the visitors don't watch their dogs at all and their seems to be quite a few not so friendly ones that go their. I met this poor older woman in her 70's who was attacked by another dog for trying to save her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 03:04 PM

59 posts, read 164,609 times
So we did Brohard today. Pretty cool place, the size of the beach limitations there should definitely be expanded, though. I mean about 500 feet in both directions would really help out, it's not like there's not a ton of empty public beach right there. 95% of the owners were great, but there were a couple of knuckleheads out there. A 95% non-knucklehead rate is pretty good anywhere in public. Probably won't go on a weekend again, the crowd was a bit overwhelming. You couldn't play ball with your dog without a bunch of other dogs thinking they were being played with too. Marley had fun, but after being out there, it seems that about 1 in 3 dogs were named Marley! I guess the movie and book fed that one. I also realized that I've got a great dog, she was such a good girl.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:40 AM

5 posts, read 5,296 times
Both SarasotaDog.com and BradentonDog.com list dog-friendly beaches, restaurants and more.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,219 times
There's also Red Bug Slough, which is a nice area to walk ONleash.

Would love to go to Brohard, but our dog has much too much trouble with "COME" so I'd be afraid to let her loose.

We prefer the 17th St. Paw Park for letting her run around, but the park at Arlington is nicer if you just want to take a stroll.

Overall, Sarasota is very very dog-friendly. We have so much trouble adapting when we are up on Long Island, since it is very unfriendly compared to Sarasota.

Speaking of Ken Thompson Park - I see the sign for it before getting to Mote. But I ahven't noticed a parking area there. Can someone let me know how to find the park entrance. I wonder why I am missing it! :-( Thanks

Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 AM

5 posts, read 5,296 times
SarasotaDog.com is an invaluable resource for dog lovers. Dog-friendly restaurants, parks and activities are listed. We even have a dog lovers social club, once or twice a month and get together with our pups for playing in the park, walks, beach trips or just socializing at a dog-friendly restaurant. Joining the club is free but there is a prerequisite: you must love dogs!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:29 AM

535 posts, read 1,032,158 times
What's available in Port Charlotte (Us poor forgotten brethren need our space too)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area