Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:37 PM

726 posts, read 3,603,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
And instead we should probably go for Effingham Co or Richmond Hill. After looking at the test scores I'm inclined to agree.
SCCPSS has the best and the worst.
Go down to the Hill. Traffic out of 'Fingham is bad enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,840 times
The high schools in Savannah actually aren't that bad. Its the middle schools that are the worst. You have 17 year old 6th graders in classes with 11 year olds, and that is a fact. Some kids have been trying to get out of middle school for 7 years! Once they get out of middle school and hopefully have a good 9th grade, then high schools are good. The district ignores middle schools, they are totally ignored. The students in middle school get away with anything they want, then they get that rude awakening in high school when they get kicked out

Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM

175 posts, read 421,632 times
I like my daughters school, as far as the teaching goes. The kids in her class seem to be trashy, sad, they are first graders, talking about sex, boys, bad words, girlfriends and boyfriends, and the filth their parents find acceptable

Old 03-07-2011, 05:39 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
This is how it works in most places.

Two statements that aren't very reassuring.

Thanks. I have what I need.
There are schools which don't have district lines such as Oglethorpe, Charles Ellis, the honors program, and a the arts program.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:04 PM

17 posts, read 36,471 times
Pooler has the new K-8 Godley school. I dont know if its getting any reviews yet as they are still in their first school year.... but area that sends kids there is a great area....worth a look

Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 5,158 times
Esther F. Garrison: the test scores speak for themselves.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:31 PM

What the district tried to do at the middle school level was shuffle around the good students to three schools to improve their AYP status as a district. Garrison which was horrible since it had all these Yamcraw slug kids is now an "arts" middle school. Those slug kids are now at various other schools making life miserable for those teachers. Our really poor performing middle school got turned into a half animal house school and half honors middle school. I know someone who teaches there and in the zoo you can have up to 10 fights a day. In the honors part of the school there are no problems. Coastal is now a High School so the middle school over on Wilmington Island is still mainly white and nice. Godley station is really for all the kids who live in Western Garden City and Pt. Wentworth and Pooler, its a brand new school that tried to ease the overcrowding at Mercer which served all of Garden City and Pt. Wentworth. What happened? Godley is now overcrowded and Mercer is under population, yet Mercer is struggling since they had an influx of the Yamcraw slugs that used to Garrison. Since Garrison is only for the white art students, the slugs who live downtown really have no where to go except Mercer. So you have two really nice middle schools, at the expense of 3 other schools. Its racism at its finest!

Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,101,409 times
^ I'm sorry, but what is a "slug kid"?

Old 05-13-2011, 07:09 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Also what is a white art kid?

Are you referring to a suburban white child who is going to a school in which all the thugs were kicked out?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:32 PM

Slug kid....a child who has no parents at home to raise them OR who has parents at home that act like trash allow their children to swear and curse, teach their children that fighting is the only solution to any problem, and generally the belief that education is not important.

White art child....a child who is either forced to go to public school because their parents can't afford to send them to private school anymore (which is part of what drove this redistricting) or children who are respectable, have parents who are engaged in their education, etc.

The school district would never do this, but I wish they would a demographic survey of children who get discipline referrals. See where most of the children who have discipline issues live. Don't even do it by race (God forbid) just by location. I bet you Yamacraw Village is at the top of the list, and Wilmington and Tybee Island is at the bottom. Also, do it by day of the week. I know teacher friends of mine who tell you that Mondays are the worst days because the slug children act like idiots over the weekend without any parental supervision, and they come to school on Monday with that attitude. But again the school district would never do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area