Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 AM

41 posts, read 151,117 times

Advertisements

April 4 - Whole Foods Headed to Savannah?

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 11:12 AM

37 posts, read 89,155 times
I would love a Trader Joe's down here!

Old 04-05-2011, 03:14 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,618,553 times
Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and a Costco..

Any of the 3 would be welcome.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:29 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,104,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahGA View Post

I'd be stunned. We don't possess the demographics typically required for a WH.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 PM

8,080 posts, read 4,757,124 times
I have to say I've heard people claim Whole Foods will be coming to Savannah every time a decent-sized retail location opens up. It's like the little boy crying (cage-free) wolf. They claimed (years back) it was going to take up the old Wal-Mart across from Savannah Mall. Someone claimed they were going to move into the old Circuit City space in Abercorn Common. Someone even suggested they were opening one in Pooler, of all places. It becomes harder and harder to believe every time I hear it, since it sounds more like "Wouldn't it be nice if...?" rather than actual factual information.

I agree that Savannah as a whole doesn't strike me as being Whole Foods's type of demographic.
We love our high-cholesterol, greasy food too much. I think one of the reasons The Fresh Market on Abercorn has been such a success is because it doesn't tow that militant "all-organic, no preservatives/trans-fat/high-fructose corn syrup/etc." line to the degree that Whole Foods does. They offer a good mix of organic and "regular" stuff, and I don't feel like the PC Food Police are in the back room waiting to swoop down and arrest me for buying that jar of marshmallow creme.

If Whole Foods came to Savannah, they would have to have long supply lines. It would have to be wildly successful to justify sending trucks so far out of their established circle. And frankly I don't see it doing that great a volume, given their emphasis on very perishable merchandise.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,104,662 times
Wait.....

" Whole Foods Markets (WFM) the natural and organic foods supermarket, is rumored to have signed a deal to lease the former Backus Cadillac property on Victory Drive in Savannah, located at Truman Parkway, it’s not true according to commercial real estate leaders."

Old 04-06-2011, 07:01 AM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
If they put it way down on Abercorn, I don't care. I don't want to go there badly enough to fight the traffic. I can get what I need at Publix.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:17 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,508,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If they put it way down on Abercorn, I don't care. I don't want to go there badly enough to fight the traffic. I can get what I need at Publix.
Publix certainly works for me.

WF is upscale--I was pleased to find good shrimp salad and a seafood bisque--reasonably priced I thought---one must certainly be familiar with WF's to shop there if $ is a consideration--since I don't go often--and the signs weren't obvious I spent much more than I anticipated.

The hot food bar--priced by lb---really increased the total.

There was a big thunderstorm/tornado in ATL--power in residential areas went down--WF's was an option. If you only knew the effort it takes to find seafood--especially seafood to go --in many parts of Atlanta. Pitiful.

My preferred food of choice.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:56 PM

21 posts, read 94,918 times
Would love to see one, if they come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: