Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:36 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times

Advertisements

WJCL at 10 o'clock had an interview with the "victims" in which they basically said, "We don't care what the video shows or anybody says, we know the truth." Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 PM

You know, for a little old southern backwater hick town, we sure do make the national news a lot!

Old 05-15-2014, 02:57 AM

643 posts, read 846,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
You know, for a little old southern backwater hick town, we sure do make the national news a lot!
Forsyth, GA...

Couldn't be anymore of a hick town if you tried.

I believe that's where Oprah went in the early 90's where there was a huge mass KKK rally.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
Forsyth, GA...

Couldn't be anymore of a hick town if you tried.

I believe that's where Oprah went in the early 90's where there was a huge mass KKK rally.
You're thinking of Forsyth COUNTY (Cumming) ... which is in fact now quite the wealthy north ATL suburb (though still overwhelmingly white). The town of Forsyth is that place just north of Macon where I-75 is just ridiculously super wide and there's lots of state government offices (for some odd reason).

Our visitors were from the county, not the town.

Just setting the record straight.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:55 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
AND JUST IN CASE IT IS LOST ON ANYONE: We should all be angry and upset that this unfortunate incident was seized upon by certain media, with absolutely NO confirmation of the facts. Racist groups pounce on this kind of stuff to further divide us and spout their hateful rhetoric. This kind of BS is already lighting up the internet, and god-fearing "white Americans" are being warned to stay away from Savannah, Georgia. It makes me sick.

It just won't stop: Racial violence in Savannah. #WGBAL - White Girl Bleed a Lot, Knockout Game, black on white crime.

Why I Carry: Mob in Savannah, GA Brutally Attacks Family of 8, Including Women and Young Children

Black teenagers brutally attack entire white family in Savannah, Georgia. Media Censors!

White family stalked, pummeled by black mob
I agree. This makes me sick too. As I'm reading comments on certain news stations' Facebook pages, it really disappoints me at how ignorant and dismissive to Savannah these people are. Just because ONE incident occurred, and falsely stated I might add, some of these people are disowning Savannah (or at least saying it in text) forever.

Quote:
Did this really make national news? It was obviously news in Atlanta, but I wasn't aware it made NATIONAL news. Yikes.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:02 PM

10 posts, read 24,873 times
Doesn't anyone remember, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"? You should all be ashamed to place blame on a victim of a violent crime. The suspects are guilty of assault. They will never come forward due to the fact they know of this.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:02 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
[quote=kodiakzak;34817598]Doesn't anyone remember, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me

Poetry, and all the way from the state of Oregon! Internet... It just brings out the best of people and their hidden talents and opinions.

Thank you for sharing.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:09 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Ok, so I just went back to Jim Thomas' Facebook to see if they had changed their story, or revised it, or whatever.
I wonder what the status of the incident is at this point with the police?
The family has posted video of the same group of thugs harassing cars for about a half hour before their incident. They also contend that there were several other cameras that recorded the incident that no one has shown.
Just sayin'.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:07 PM

*** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** BREAKING NEWS ***

Warrants have been issued for the arrest of BOTH parties in the River Street fight that occurred back on Mother's Day weekend. The two men, one from each party, are charged with affray (public fighting), a misdemeanor.

Investigation into the incident included detail examination of the surveillance videos and interviews with witnesses who collaborated what the video showed: That the incident was "not provoked" and that the family who claimed they were attacked did, indeed, share part of the responsibility.

Savannah Waterfront Association Board of Directors president Bill Dickinson said he had previously spoken to eyewitnesses whose stories backed up the footage shown on the surveillance video.

“According to the witnesses I’ve spoken with the two men in the family were saying things you couldn’t publish. They were not being attacked, they were antagonizing and making comments.”

UPDATE: Warrants issued for 2 Atlanta area residents in River Street brawl | savannahnow.com

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...s-day/9892725/

Last edited by Newsboy; 06-02-2014 at 08:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area