Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2018, 11:40 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,611,192 times

Advertisements

Damn this is good.. From his facebook page.

FBF, Lately I have been swamped with doing research and gathering of information for the past several months but now focused more intensely on activities that have been occurring at City Hall.

I have met with the GBI on the results of those findings and it's quite disturbing at some of the things I am uncovering.

At this time, I cannot release all the information but as I can, I will. I can say this, my concerns regarding the current City of Savannah government are founded on solid facts.

My concerns about the District Attorney's Office are equally disturbing and each warrant outside investigations.

Whether these violations be criminal, civil, ethical, charter violations, campaign violations; protocol or whatever - we should all be concerned about Nepotism; Cronyism; Deception; Manipulation; Misuse of tax dollars; Collusion; Conspiracy; Awarding of contracts regarding taxpayer monies; and many other disturbing issues I have uncovered regarding the management and leadership of this community.

Some may not like the messenger(me) but I ask you to review the facts when they become public and you will see why I am so concerned about things that have been going on with this government since 2016. It's not as rosy as some may want you to believe and it certainly leaves a lot of questions about Justice in our community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 03:43 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,709,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Damn this is good.. From his facebook page.

FBF, Lately I have been swamped with doing research and gathering of information for the past several months but now focused more intensely on activities that have been occurring at City Hall.

I have met with the GBI on the results of those findings and it's quite disturbing at some of the things I am uncovering.

At this time, I cannot release all the information but as I can, I will. I can say this, my concerns regarding the current City of Savannah government are founded on solid facts.

My concerns about the District Attorney's Office are equally disturbing and each warrant outside investigations.

Whether these violations be criminal, civil, ethical, charter violations, campaign violations; protocol or whatever - we should all be concerned about Nepotism; Cronyism; Deception; Manipulation; Misuse of tax dollars; Collusion; Conspiracy; Awarding of contracts regarding taxpayer monies; and many other disturbing issues I have uncovered regarding the management and leadership of this community.

Some may not like the messenger(me) but I ask you to review the facts when they become public and you will see why I am so concerned about things that have been going on with this government since 2016. It's not as rosy as some may want you to believe and it certainly leaves a lot of questions about Justice in our community.

This is a good trailer. Should we get the popcorn now or wait for the main event to start (soon?). lol

Old 03-25-2018, 07:26 PM

He has been posting stuff on Meg Heap & a minister for the last 6 months.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:15 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,932,785 times
I’m not convinced that Tony Thomas isn’t certifiably crazy

Old 03-26-2018, 08:32 AM

643 posts, read 846,318 times
Tony using the Donald'a tactics.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:27 PM

This is rather unfortunate as I have been investigating the End Gun Violence Program for months. My conclusion is that there was an effort to circumvent transparency and hire Mr. Lee through any avenues possible because of a threat of 'Detrimental Reliance'. I personally charge that Mayor Eddie Deloach, City Attorney Brooks Stillwell, City Manager Rob Hernandez, and others worked behind the scene without city council's knowledge to the 'backstory'' and intentionally misled the city council to agree to a transfer of this position from under the Chief of Police's control to that of the District Attorney. I further charge that District Attorney Meg Heap knew of these details and hired George Lee to this position despite concerns being raised and without due diligence.

Additionally, I strongly feel that the taxpayers of Savannah have paid over $100,000.00 per year in this colluded effort and have suffered financially from a decision conspired by some in an effort to cover up and prevent an embarrassing lawsuit against the city.

I will be seeking further action on this matter.

Sadly, this story is much more than a DUI. It's much more than a person who is without sin - as I have made similar mistakes. It's not about George Lee as much as it is about those who enabled George Lee for whatever purposes including the Mayor of Savannah and District Attorney of Chatham County. This situation is about those in government who have broken the law and then used taxpayer resources for cover-up and personal gain. It smacks of cronyism, political paybacks, and conspiratorial plots.

Reverend George Lee Arrested for DUI - Head's city's 'End Gun Violence Program'.

By Lou Phelps, Savannah Business Journal

March 2, 2018 – The Rev. Georgia Perry Lee, pastor of St. John the Baptist Church, known as ‘The Mighty Fortress’ church in Savannah’s Historic District, and the head of the City of Savannah’s ‘End Gun Violence Program’, was arrested at 2:30 a.m. earlier this morning for alleged drunk driving. He was released on a $4,600 bond. The charges were 40-6-81(a) Failure to Yield to Pedestrian to Crosswalk – M, and 40-6-391(a)(1) DUI – Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol. – M.

The law enforcement program he directs is aimed at working with offenders who are exiting jail, to connect them with opportunities for jobs and education, aimed at trying to reduce recidivism – the tendency of a convicted criminal to reoffend. The position has also been a critical component of the efforts by local law enforcement in working with gangs, their families, and their known associates, as well. It is funded by the City of Savannah.

But, Pastor Lee’s appointment to the almost $100,000 a year salary plus benefits job has been controversial since he was selected, a full-time job in addition to his responsibilities of running a major church and private school.

His hiring was opposed by Former Police Chief Jack Lumpkin, to whom the director of the program would normally report. Lumpkin stated that he refused to hire him due to “a thorough background check,” the Chief had conducted, he told the SBJ in an interview last summer. And, City Manager told Alderman Tony Thomas, that "under no circumstances could the City have him driving a city vehicle," states Thomas.

But Mayor Eddie DeLoach overrode the Chief, and the rest of the selection committee which had not completed its vetting of candidates being interviewed, according to another member of that committee, and confirmed by Rev. Lee’s attorney, Mark Tate. And, Lee received the job.

Because of the Chief’s refusal to work directly with Lee, he was put under the direction of District Attorney Meg Heap. As a constitutional officer, she controls her hiring decisions, though he becomes an employee of Chatham County. In an interview last month, Heap said that Rev. Lee was “working hard” at the position.

When the appointment was made last year, the city and Chatham County had merged police operations, and many programs had shared expenses. But, with the de-merger of the police departments as of Feb. 1, law enforcement expenses are not shared. There is an intergovernmental agreement wherein the City funds the program, though Thomas states that County Commission Chair Al Scott has never signed the agreement, to his knowledge.

Alderman Thomas has fought the appointment for months, stating that Lee was not qualified for the job, that he objected to the expense without discussion with the City Council, and he objected to how the appointment was handled. The prior director had been paid $65,000 as an Independent Contractor, but Lee was made a full-time employee, with full health and retirement benefits, without Mayor DeLoach discussing the decision with the Aldermen.

Most importantly, Thomas stated early this morning, “that the even deeper issue here is the collusion between the City and the District Attorney - hiring of Georgia Lee, without improper practices. This story is not finished by far. Rev Lee’s hiring is deeply disturbing, and it’s still being investigated.”

“I also deeply objected to the hiring of him over the objections of Chief Lumpkin, who should have had the final say,” Thomas added.

The Reverend Lee’s church has also been bathed in controversy. Many long-term members have left the church due to his leadership decision to get the congregation into significant debt – a $3 million loan – to build a new church and private school on E. DeRenne Ave., purchasing the former elementary school of Savannah Christian Preparatory School. D.A. Meg Heap’s husband, who is also an Asst. District Attorney, is also the attorney for the school project, hired by Rev. Lee and the church’s Board of Deacons.

Deacon Walter Miles, who chairs the Board of Deacons at the church, did not have a comment at this time, as he was not yet aware of the arrest, he said.

Rev. Lee was previously arrested on Feb. 13, 2016 by the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Dept for domestic violence against Michelle Stenson, who required medical attention for bruises to her “hands, feet and fists,” according to the arrest record. Both her and Rev. Lee’s address were listed as 122 Mariner’s Way at the time of that incident.

Rev. Lee could not be reached for comment.

I have followed through on my civic duty and obligation and have contacted the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and have met with them on this matter.

There comes a time when enough is enough with things like this going on in government. I am absolutely convinced that the Pastor was promised a job with the city and when that could not happen, a 'deal' - without the knowledge of the details or reasons was made - behind the backs of City Council moving the position to Meg Heap's office in order to prevent a possible lawsuit against the city.

What is even more disturbing is the District Attorney participating and questions are certainly raised about her hiring in this circumstance especially in light of other facts that are coming to light.

How can you trust your justice system here in Chatham County with issues like this happening at the top?

Old 03-26-2018, 06:13 PM

Both of those were quotes from Tommy's facebook page..

Old 04-13-2018, 12:17 PM

More Tony news today he shared the arrest of the pastor George Lee who headed up the End Gun Violence Program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z8k...layer_embedded

Tony Thomas, Savannah's Alderman — Savannah Alderman for Savannah District 6
20 mins ·
This is a long video showing the arrest of Pastor George Lee who headed up the notorious 'End Gun Violence Program'. I wish this were all to the story but sadly it's not. It appears the hiring of Pastor Lee was dirty from the beginning until the end and more and more is coming to light. From Eddie Deloach's involvement which is a charter violation; City Attorney Brooks Stillwell's failure to communicate with his client (the City Council); the City Manager's role in all of this; District Attorney Meg Heap's conflicted role; and now, this video - which mind you - the District Attorney tried to prevent me from having.This is as nasty and scandalous as small town politics can be and the 'Squash' is on. Watch at 27:30 into the video where Sheriff John Wilcher enters the picture. Watch at 35:00 where the Pastor's attorney and Assistant Savannah Police Chief Kerry Thomas enter. You have to shake your head in disbelief. #wsav #wjcl #savannah #savannahnow #connectsavannah #corruption #nastypolitcs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area