Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 12:28 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,168,045 times

Advertisements

I wonder how long the local market can sustain these sales records...

Quote:
Overall sales volume also set a record for the year in June, bringing in just over $233 million. The bulk of that cash was made in Richmond Hill, which contributed $36.5 million in sales, followed by Georgetown with $25.9 million and Garden City with $23 million.

Georgetown had the most units sold in June with 134 closings, followed by Richmond Hill with 132, and Pooler with 73.
Savannah area home sales have hot summer - Business - Savannah Morning News - Savannah, GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 05:38 PM

643 posts, read 846,142 times
Interesting. I'd like to see old Garden City get some love. It's close to downtown. So either the Bay Street boom continues out towards Garden City or GC should try to land some new apartment complexes and build outward towards DT.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:52 PM

450 posts, read 462,291 times
Garden City is hanging their hat on the Dean Forest Road area. They built the new city hall trying to lure Southbridge and that didn't work. Now they are waiting the private developer to start on an apartment complex behind city hall.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
One and a half years at these prices then tank. Prices way to high. Buyers are paying way too much for houses. (my prediction)

Old 09-05-2018, 09:58 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Where is the Garden City growth coming from? I’m also surprised Pooler is so low on the totem pole, but it’s good the growth is happening in other places.

Still waiting on Bloomingdale’s turn. It’ll happen sooner or later.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Where is the Garden City growth coming from? I’m also surprised Pooler is so low on the totem pole, but it’s good the growth is happening in other places.

Still waiting on Bloomingdale’s turn. It’ll happen sooner or later.
I think what scares people about Bloomingdale is it’s so nothing burger No stores, no nothing. Some like it that way, But most do not.

The new school might help some.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think what scares people about Bloomingdale is it’s so nothing burger No stores, no nothing. Some like it that way, But most do not.

The new school might help some.
When I fly in to SAV, the path takes me over Bloomingdale and Pooler before landing. The difference is stark. Basically suburban Pooler to rural Bloomingdale. So close that there are properties right next to each other. (E.g. warehouses in Pooler next to sprawling farmland with a tree line separating it)

As I’ve said before, with all the growth going on in Pooler, it’s only a matter of time before it spills over.
That new school is quickly on its way to being overcrowded in the middle of nowhere.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:48 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,277,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
One and a half years at these prices then tank. Prices way to high. Buyers are paying way too much for houses. (my prediction)
what goes up must come down! Amazing the difference between '07 to '08, maybe '18 and'19 or '20 will be similar. On the other hand what goes down usually goes up again.

Bloomingdale, I was thinking of moving there. Some people prefer country to strip malls, meanwhile some people like Pooler. And that's cool. I hope we can retain a corner of the county as rural, to offer diversity and still some country living. I guess eventually the growth ring will reach it though and Effingham will be the new west Chatham. Do most people there really want it to change that much?? I will look to retire in a city one day with exurbs that will stay exurban for a decent period of time. For now W Chatham has best of both worlds, for my personal living style preference, it's close to all that stuff but not in the middle of it.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:13 PM

450 posts, read 462,291 times
Bloomingdale will not see the growth spill over anytime soon. They have a huge issue with a lack of water/sewer capacity they are about maxed out with the new apartments being built on 80 and No infrastructure in place to expand. They are building a couple of warehouses on Jimmy Deloach that will be on septic tanks according a builder there. They have to negotiate a deal with Savannah and bring W/S up Little Neck from the high school or with Pooler to come out Hwy.80 or down Jimmy Deloach.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
Bloomingdale will not see the growth spill over anytime soon. They have a huge issue with a lack of water/sewer capacity they are about maxed out with the new apartments being built on 80 and No infrastructure in place to expand. They are building a couple of warehouses on Jimmy Deloach that will be on septic tanks according a builder there. They have to negotiate a deal with Savannah and bring W/S up Little Neck from the high school or with Pooler to come out Hwy.80 or down Jimmy Deloach.
Good point. Me thinks they’re delaying the inevitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area