Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 10:16 PM

33 posts, read 34,007 times

Advertisements

Hi! We just booked an Air Bnb in the Victorian District - East (near Forsyth Park) for next weekend and we are looking for recommendations! We would love to go to a really nice restaurant with great food where I can wear my new cocktail dress and maybe go dancing afterwards or beforehand to a nearby location? (this will be on a Monday night...please let me know if a fun place comes to mind!). Also looking for things to do during the day in the downtown area perhaps indoors...because the weather is looking like a 50% chance of rain at this point, but a cute park to throw the frisbee around or have a picnic might be nice too if the weather allows for it! We are really looking forward to making the most out of this little getaway from the everyday life. Thanks so much for your suggestions on a restaurant and place to hear some good music at the very least (staying Sunday -Tuesday)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 06:00 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I like the suggestions in this article. My 30 something kids like to go to Alligator Soul for a romantic dinner, but there are many great options. Rooftop cocktails are a must.

https://www.visitsavannah.com/articl...ideas-savannah

If the weather isn’t good, the Ghost Coast Distillery tour and the Service Brewery tours are fun. Also the shops at City Market and the SCAD museum are inside.

I’m striking out about the music part of your request. Might be hard on a Monday night, but maybe somebody else will know. You could look up the DO section of the Savannah paper on the Thursday before you come, where they list what is going on over the weekend.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:32 AM

33 posts, read 34,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I like the suggestions in this article. My 30 something kids like to go to Alligator Soul for a romantic dinner, but there are many great options. Rooftop cocktails are a must.

https://www.visitsavannah.com/articl...ideas-savannah

If the weather isn’t good, the Ghost Coast Distillery tour and the Service Brewery tours are fun. Also the shops at City Market and the SCAD museum are inside.

I’m striking out about the music part of your request. Might be hard on a Monday night, but maybe somebody else will know. You could look up the DO section of the Savannah paper on the Thursday before you come, where they list what is going on over the weekend.

Thank You! Alligator Soul looks great! Where can you get rooftop cocktails, do you know?

Old 02-27-2019, 07:22 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNoor View Post
Thank You! Alligator Soul looks great! Where can you get rooftop cocktails, do you know?

Top of Bohemian Hotel

Old 02-27-2019, 08:04 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,277,188 times
Top of Kessler's Mansion on Forsyth, too.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:39 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNoor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Top of Bohemian Hotel
Peregrin atop the Perry Lane Hotel is the BEST rooftop bar in town. Rocks on the Roof at the Bohemian is a close second.

https://peregrinsavannah.com

For romantic dinners, The Olde Pink House is usually everybody’s first suggestion. And they have a great basement bar with live music. Unfortunately it’s closed right now due to a fire.

Some good alternatives are 700 Drayton in the Mansion on Forsyth, Husk and The Grey. The last 2 are among tbe top-rated restaurants in the country.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:26 PM

257 posts, read 470,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Peregrin atop the Perry Lane Hotel is the BEST rooftop bar in town. Rocks on the Roof at the Bohemian is a close second.

https://peregrinsavannah.com

For romantic dinners, The Olde Pink House is usually everybody’s first suggestion. And they have a great basement bar with live music. Unfortunately it’s closed right now due to a fire.

Some good alternatives are 700 Drayton in the Mansion on Forsyth, Husk and The Grey. The last 2 are among tbe top-rated restaurants in the country.

Don’t forget about the bar on top of th Alida hotel. I think I like that one better than Rocks on the Roof now.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:49 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Churchills for rooftop cocktails.

Have you given consideration to doing a dolphin tour or something similar on the water? There are tours available, also you can kayak or do something similar.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:21 PM

74 posts, read 72,699 times
Forsyth Park is frisbee central so you are staying in the right place for that.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:36 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA991.1 View Post
Forsyth Park is frisbee central so you are staying in the right place for that.

You bet. No finer than that.hmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area