Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 07:56 PM

50 posts, read 59,510 times

Advertisements

I have visited Savanah and to me it is one the most charming areas I have visited in the USA. I don't see the world blindly. there is good and bad everywhere but I have always wanted to live and work in a community like Savanah.

About me, single, early 50's former human services professional and educator, retired and ready to start a second career adding value to my community but at the same time slow down a bit. Originally from Silicon Valley (I don't fit any of the California stereotypes, I won't ruin your beautiful state LOL).

Please any info on quite neighborhoods with no to low HOA's to check out would be helpful. I am attracted to areas with street lined trees, its so peaceful.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 05:16 AM

50,344 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Look in the E 50s and 60th streets. Nice old bungalows and tree lined streets. The Daffin Park area is nearby, and it’s nice also.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-68158?view=qv

Last edited by gentlearts; 05-06-2020 at 05:41 AM..

Old 05-06-2020, 06:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Not trying to be snarky but if you're moving to Savannah, better learn how to spell it.

Congrats on the possible move!

Old 05-06-2020, 11:51 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,275,189 times
If you like trees, welcome. We need more people who value the bounty of trees and green space we still have remaining and support leaders who will conserve it.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:52 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,275,189 times
By Daffin Park is just like Ardsley Park lots of trees but more moderate and affordable. It is like Ardsley Park's cousin basically. Lots of the areas south and east of the city are like this and might be a good candidate.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:02 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,606,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchrismsw View Post
I have visited Savanah and to me it is one the most charming areas I have visited in the USA. I don't see the world blindly. there is good and bad everywhere but I have always wanted to live and work in a community like Savanah.

About me, single, early 50's former human services professional and educator, retired and ready to start a second career adding value to my community but at the same time slow down a bit. Originally from Silicon Valley (I don't fit any of the California stereotypes, I won't ruin your beautiful state LOL).

Please any info on quite neighborhoods with no to low HOA's to check out would be helpful. I am attracted to areas with street lined trees, its so peaceful.

Thank you
What areas have you been to in Savannah? Also budget?

There are a lot of amazing neighborhoods in Savannah & the Islands.

Coffee Bluff would be a fantastic place if you have a $250k to 500k budget, plus the Marina is within 5 minutes of your house. A lot of mature trees.

Skidaway Island is a gated private community, high HOA but it's a resort like setting with a lot of mature trees.

Any Island people want to point out specific neighborhoods?

Old 05-06-2020, 02:15 PM

Id like to stay between 275 and 350K. I saw a artist i Savanah that had a sweet container home.

Last edited by Mchrismsw; 05-06-2020 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-06-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Not trying to be snarky but if you're moving to Savannah, better learn how to spell it.

Congrats on the possible move!
LOL, your correct, sorry about the typo, I guess I need to ask for a refund for my Masters Degree or start using spell check again. Sorry I will go back and correct it LOL

Old 05-06-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchrismsw View Post
i have visited savanah and to me it is one the most charming areas i have visited in the usa. I don't see the world blindly. There is good and bad everywhere but i have always wanted to live and work in a community like savanah.

About me, single, early 50's former human services professional and educator, retired and ready to start a second career adding value to my community but at the same time slow down a bit. Originally from silicon valley (i don't fit any of the california stereotypes, i won't ruin your beautiful state lol).

Please any info on quite neighborhoods with no to low hoa's to check out would be helpful. I am attracted to areas with street lined trees, its so peaceful.

Thank you
savannah :d

Old 05-06-2020, 02:23 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,606,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchrismsw View Post
Id like to stay between 275 and 350K. I saw a artist i Savanah that had a sweet container home.
This will give you an idea of the type of homes, I lived in Coffee Pointe for 10 years & still own a home there. The HOA is $92 a month but it's a gated community with tree lined streets.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...22976676_zpid/

PS no container home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: