Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 6,291 times

Advertisements

A pic I took in Savannah - little girl in her window!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 05:55 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogFred View Post
We really got creeped out looking at the pictures after we took them. We got a few "orbs" in the pictures also. In the first one you can see on the porch what appears to be a little girl with her head hanging down. In the next two you see what looks like a girl or child peeking out of the bottom of the window at different places.
We were a little skeptical so we went back the next day and went on the porch and looked into the windows and took photos. There is nothing that could make that "apparition" in the windows that we saw. It was really weird.

I can see the child on the porch in the first pic and the orbs.
I do see a face in the bottom window third pic, thats no child!!

I've got pics of orbs in my own apartment??
I don't think its haunted but??

Old 09-03-2009, 02:45 PM

911 posts, read 2,155,984 times
agreed. that's not a little girl! it looks like an adult in the window, however low to the ground. ???

that's a really interesting pic of the girl on the steps. it looks like she has something in front of her, unless that's just some staining on the concrete.

these are some of the best "ghost" pics i've ever seen i think.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 6,170 times
Default 432 Abercorn experience

I just got back to Orlando from a trip to Savannah with my fiance and she is very familiar with 432 Abercorn and had a ghost map from a tour she went on years ago. The tour guide mentioned two daughters of a physician being disemboweled around the time of jack the ripper.

On the show "Ruby" she saw an episode where Ruby was working as a tour guide on one of the trolley tours and mentioned the ghosts of the disemboweled girls and the driver freaked out because it is not commonly discussed.

So we went and you just feel dark energy when you reach Calhoun Square. We just charged my camera battery at a nearby coffee shop and it's usually good for an hour of continuous use. It started to die after about 5 minutes. We were able to take few pictures and this video...

YouTube - 432 Abercorn St. Savannah, GA. is totally Haunted.

The banging sounds you hear in this clip did not happen AT ALL. We would have heard them, been freaked out and probably let out a good scream! They almost sound like wood planks banging against a wall for us to get out.

Here's our pictures...

Flickr: christianandrewarch's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/42061316@N05/?saved=1 - broken link)

The bloody children's fingerprints on both curtains when we got back to our hotel room was a nice touch after hearing that story of the girl getting tied to a chair facing a window. The light blurs on two of the pictures looking in the window i couldn't explain either.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,956 times
Regarding Bulldog Fred post and photos from 07/07/09: We just spent the weekend in Savannah and did a ghost tour Halloween evening around 10:00pm. I took pictures of that same house and window and have the same image of a little girl but she is in a different position in the window. I was really creeped out when I saw your pictures that you had posted. I will try to post mine tonight.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:13 AM

37 posts, read 134,199 times
We went to Savannah about 2 weeks ago. I spent quite a bit of time around this house. I went in the daytime, and took lots of pictures. It is a busy corner!! LOL
Went in early evening, it was a bit quieter but still lots of tour traffic. Again I took lots of pictures, with no ghosties.
I felt just the opposite around the house. I felt calm and peaceful. we went on two different evenings around 8 PM. then one night we thought Lets go late!! So around midnight we went again. Still felt calm and peaceful took bunches of pictures and didnt really see anything.
I like the house, would love to see inside, maybe spend the night. I did see a caretaker doing some repairs during the day. I was afraid that we would get arrested for loitering!! LOL
Alice in Virginia

Old 11-06-2009, 09:14 PM

32 posts, read 85,567 times
Don't believe the ghost tours, it's mostly bunk. I work at one of the historical houses downtown and we hear all kinds of garbage these ghost tours tell you. Most of the workers are not even from here, they take a test, get their badge and become "experts" on Savannah. Most have New Jersey accents and will tell you anything because they know they'll never see you again.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 5,871 times
I had been there several times and I have a picture of three little girls looking out the upstairs window on the right. I would like to know the real story of this house. I was told these three were killed in the 1880's while the parents were out for the eve and the blood soaked the floors so bad it would not come out. But would like to know why this house is not on the county tax records any longer.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:25 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
The whole house is an apparition. It burned in 1979 and was never rebuilt.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:42 PM

726 posts, read 3,603,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Lane View Post
Don't believe the ghost tours, it's mostly bunk. I work at one of the historical houses downtown and we hear all kinds of garbage these ghost tours tell you. Most of the workers are not even from here, they take a test, get their badge and become "experts" on Savannah. Most have New Jersey accents and will tell you anything because they know they'll never see you again.
Even the indigenous Savannah "historians" never let the facts get in the way of a good story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area