Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:21 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I would not suggest that based on the Biblical texts, we could suggest it's millions or billions of years.

I certainly would not suggest that based on the Biblical texts that the Earth revolves around the sun. However, I could suggest that the earth is fixed, with the sun going to and fro, from the Biblical texts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:

1. The Bible and its genneologies shows a younger age. Other dating methods such as the distance of the moon to the earth, the salinity of the ocean, etc show a much younger earth than the 4.5 billion or whatever is speculated.
Wait wait, you forgot the moon dust argument, the decaying Earth's magnetic field, and and NASA finding Joshua's missing "Long day." You keep posting this stuff and they are going to be convinced you are a bona-fide Poe.

Last edited by PanTerra; 08-25-2011 at 05:49 PM..

Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,960 times
Quote:
It might be pretty educational to you. I hear they're even building a full-scale model of the ark.
I've seen the exhibits (I used to work at the Louisville science center, so I know something about museums - the Creation museum is not a museum). ALL of them are wrong, and and an insult to my intelligence, ESPECIALLY the Ark.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:38 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I certainly would not suggest that based on the Biblical texts that the Earth revolves around the sun. However, I could suggest that the earth is fixed, with the sun going to and fro, from the Biblical texts.
I'm not aware of a single verse that would suggest that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
I've seen the exhibits (I used to work at the Louisville science center, so I know something about museums - the Creation museum is not a museum). ALL of them are wrong, and and an insult to my intelligence, ESPECIALLY the Ark.
They were exhibited in Louisville? I wasn't aware of that. From what I've heard, they really seem to have done a first-class job on it. They are building it according to the Biblical measurements, and from what I hear they will show that it was possible to house the animals, the food, etc that were required.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Really? Now you are starting to convince me of your Poe-dom.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:01 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,960 times
Quote:
They were exhibited in Louisville? I wasn't aware of that. From what I've heard, they really seem to have done a first-class job on it. They are building it according to the Biblical measurements, and from what I hear they will show that it was possible to house the animals, the food, etc that were required.
What? No. Thousands of photos of the exhibits including the graphics containing the text have been available online since it opened. Calvin, if they had done a first class job on it, they would have gotten the science right. They didn't. Even a 19th century scientist would have told them that they are full of crap. What they are trying to do is to convince the uneduated that the Flintstones is a documentary.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:46 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:

Are they building a "Honey I shrunk the animals" gun as well? Well, good luck with that one... I wonder if "the project" will complete in anybody's lifetime.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Are they building a "Honey I shrunk the animals" gun as well? Well, good luck with that one... I wonder if "the project" will complete in anybody's lifetime.
No...there's plenty of room in the ark to contain those animals that were there at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
What? No. Thousands of photos of the exhibits including the graphics containing the text have been available online since it opened. Calvin, if they had done a first class job on it, they would have gotten the science right. They didn't. Even a 19th century scientist would have told them that they are full of crap. What they are trying to do is to convince the uneduated that the Flintstones is a documentary.
What isn't right?

Old 08-26-2011, 10:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
No...there's plenty of room in the ark to contain those animals that were there at the time.
Is there a list of such animals that existed at the time, and those that didn't? After all, to mimic such an ark, I'm sure that list will be used?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Is there a list of such animals that existed at the time, and those that didn't? After all, to mimic such an ark, I'm sure that list will be used?
I'm not sure what they will use as their list of animals. It would seem reasonable though, that they wouldn't need every breed of cattle...just one. They also wouldn't need every cat, or canine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology