Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 08:50 AM

6 posts, read 6,977 times

Advertisements

I'm not looking trouble. I'm concerned about my family member who may be supporting a child that is not his.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
My husband and I both have brown eyes. One kid has blue. People carry recessive genes, no big deal.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:57 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh888 View Post
I'm not looking trouble. I'm concerned about my family member who may be supporting a child that is not his.
Does he love the little girl and raising it as his own? That's what matters

Personally I think you'll upset him beyond belief and you'll most probably lose him if you voice your concerns

But of course this is all obsolete anyway as the mum has blue eyes then it's clear she takes after her so.......

Old 07-12-2016, 09:04 AM

6 posts, read 6,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Does he love the little girl and raising it as his own? That's what matters

Personally I think you'll upset him beyond belief and you'll most probably lose him if you voice your concerns

But of course this is all obsolete anyway as the mum has blue eyes then it's clear she takes after her so.......
Fine. I'll keep my feelings bottled up and repressed instead of voicing my concerns.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:11 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Fine. I'll keep my feelings bottled up and repressed instead of voicing my concerns.
LOL! Not sure if that's sarcasm or not .... But just think who's feelings mean more on the subject yours or your cousins?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:15 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
My cousin's daughter is about a year and a half old and has blue eyes. My cousin has brown eyes his wife has blue eyes, my cousin's parents and grand parents have brown eyes. I took some biology in college and I'm pretty sure the genes for brown eyes are dominant.

I have my suspicions about what happened but is it even a slight possibility my cousin's daughter could have blue eyes?
My mother had blue eyes, my father had eyes so dark you couldn't see his pupils (1/8 American Indian) and my brother had blue eyes. The rest of us had green center/brown outside/hazel eyes.

My daughter has olive green eyes, her husband has brown eyes, their daughter has sapphire blue eyes. I have four blue eyed granddaughters. My son and his wife both have blue eyes too.

Now would you like the real question. Both my parents had rh positive blood. Dad was A positive, mom was O positive. My blood is A negative. My husband has A positive and both our children got a negative gene from his +/- positive blood and they are A negative also. I got into real trouble one day when I jokingly asked if I was adopted. Dad thought I was disrespecting my mother. I don't think I had ever seen him so angry. He said, "No you were not adopted." Things happen. I look like my dad's sister so I am sure he is right but I still wonder how I ended up with the negative blood. Only way it could be is that both my parents also have the +/- positive blood. Positive blood can be +/+ or +/-. Each parent gives you one blood gene.

Last edited by NCN; 07-12-2016 at 09:34 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 09:43 AM

15 posts, read 8,824 times
It is very possible and common for the child to have blue eyes. Even two parents with brown eyes can have a child with another color. If this is your only reason to think the child is not his, let it go. Also it is none of your business.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:55 AM

1,122 posts, read 3,505,885 times
It's very possible. My father has brown eyes as does both his parents. My mother has blue eyes. Out of three kids I'm the only one with brown eyes. Both my siblings have blue eyes. There is no doubt that my brown eyed father is the biological father of my blue eyed siblings.
I don't think this situation is rare at all.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:01 AM

1,122 posts, read 3,505,885 times
Oh, BTW, a friend of mine who is black has a child with blue eyes (the mother is white with blue eyes). If black people can have blue eyed children I see no reason why Asians could not.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:58 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Can my cousin be heterozygous? We are asian. No one in our family has ever had any other eye color but brown.
Well you can't possibly know that for a start, you just can't go back far enough to say that.

In addition, if one of your family members on your side was the result of a well-kept secret philanderer with a blue eyed partner then how could you know that either? You might not be as "pure" as you think on your side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology