Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 AM

30 posts, read 118,561 times

Advertisements

I was considering looking at apartments in Redmond Ridge. Does anyone have an opinion on this complex? Is it quiet (good quality insulation)?

Also, how far out is Redmond Ridge. Could you drive to Overlake at about 8AM in less than 25 minutes and do the reverse in the same time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 01:43 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,733 times
We looked at these a few years back when we were apartment hunting. I remember them being fairly pleasant looking and cozy, in a nice quiet wooded area. There's a QFC up there and a few shops. I think there might have been some walking trails off of the complex itself.

Kitchens were a bit too small for us, since we like to cook. Not sure about the insulation/noise or the commute. Its about 10 minutes from a main road (Avondale), but I don't know how long it'd take you to get through Redmond to Overlake.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times
Here are some reviews. Now I know you have to take them with a grain of salt but the percentage of positive reviews is rather low compared to some. You should browse this website. There are a lot of apartments in Redmond. There are brand new ones on Cleveland Ave. but unfortunately I don't know the name. I could find it for you if you are interested. My mom's friend is the maintenance manager and he has told me they are beautiful.

Lodge at Redmond Ridge Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Redmond apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 11-24-2010, 11:13 PM

30 posts, read 118,561 times
Yes I've seen that site. Not sure how seriously to take it. It seems like every apartment complex you look up on there gets low positive reviews with the same set of complaints (management, noise, parking).
Does the new complex on Cleveland Ave have 1 bedrooms for under $1000/mo?

Old 11-25-2010, 10:12 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times
I found the apartments but I don't know the rents. Here is the link

Red160 Apartments - 16095 Cleveland Street - Redmond - EquityApartments.com

I realize it's hard to find apartments with perfect reviews. I guess you need to read through them and decide what you can live with and what would be a red flag. There is definitely no such thing as a "perfect place". Good luck!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:15 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
I'm sorry, I just now saw this posting... we lived at the Lodge @ RR from 2007 - 2008. It was horrible! We couldn't wait to move out. Creepy people, parking was a total pain, office staff was incompetent (we were once handed a stack of papers that were supposed to be our lease papers that ended up being another residents personal file - complete with personal info like SS#'s, etc. They are just very lucky that we are nice/good people!). The reviews you'll find online are pretty truthful. Yelp is also another place you can search for apartment reviews.

The maintenance guy Jason was really scary there. Once he set off the fire alarm while trying to sweep. Another time he painted half the stairway and didn't let anybody know so people were walking through wet paint and tracking it everywhere - for the rest of the time we lived there paint footprints were all over the place. People were really upset because they got it int their cars and everything. He tried to repaint the interior of our gas fireplace - while it was still on. He also tried to repair an electrical outlet in our apartment without shutting off the power to that outlet first - yes he got shocked. One time our sink began leaking down into our downstairs neighbors apartment. We called maintenance and their response was, "Do you need us to fix it or do you think you can handle this on your own?"

Huh?

Anyway... there are so many stories - and we were just there for one year!

There's a creepy site that's popped up, too... google "The Lodge at Redmond Ridge M building spies"... totally weird!

My kids went to the Rosa Parks Elementary school in Redmond Ridge, though, and that is a wonderful school. It's very fast-paced and really challenges the kids (and parents) but if you're up for it, it's really a great elementary school.

That's about the only positive thing I have to say for Redmond Ridge - that little school was great! We thought RR was going to be this really great "green" place... with all those trees and trails and sweet little parks... but it was all smoke and mirrors. Very overpriced and creepy and dysfunctional smoke and mirrors....

Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,774,733 times
Ugh, I'd say that we were lucky we didn't choose it, but the apartment we ended up at wasn't much better.
I haven't ever rented at a complex that wasn't horrible. My best renting experiences have always been RBOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: