Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 01:17 PM

410 posts, read 1,521,514 times

Advertisements

I have no other choice but to leave my son behind and make the leap to Seattle with very little money. Unless I get a job in the next 2 weeks then I really have no other option. The landlord will only allow my son to stay with my mother for 2 weeks or she will be kicked out for violating her lease. If I cannot find a tenant to take over my lease then I will be taken to court for $6,990+fees to "buy-out" my lease and be evicted.

My son and I have decided that we really liked Seattle too much to pass up on moving there. I'm hoping my luck finding a job will be better there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 01:26 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
I don't know about shelters but I saw that Macy's in Bellevue Square had a lot of "We're hiring" signs this last weekend.

Here is the upcoming Job Fair calendar: Go2WorkSource Job Fair Calendar

Old 04-17-2012, 01:48 PM

410 posts, read 1,521,514 times
I'm not exactly sure when I will be back in Seattle. I'm trying to make this as painless as possible and he just doesn't understand why I have to do what I'm doing. I saw a lot of signs in windows when we were there but when I turned in the application they said they wanted local applicants. I explained we were moving there and would have stayed in town if I had a job offer. They were not willing to take that chance on me. Guess I can't blame them but this is really getting to me now (compounded by other factors going on).

Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
There are a coupla hostels at least in Seattle. Find them by searching Google Maps for "hostels near Seattle".

I wouldn't recommend going to a shelter unless you have to, but the city runs one: DESC - Shelter, Housing and Services for Homeless Adults in Seattle , and there are several church shelters. The DESC shelter has mental health counseling if that's needed.

I don't believe there are any really cheap motels, but you could map "motels near Seattle" and give it a try. Probably the cheapest place by the month is the Alps Hotel.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Forget the hostel / hotel. / shelter .($$$, pain, hassle, dangerous). Find an older couple with an extra room, or someone that will let you couchsurf for a couple weeks. It is no big deal we do it all the time. Buy them a few groceries if you are feeling generous. (They won't expect anything).

You seem bold enough to figure out how to network and get a place for free.
I use churches, senior centers, service clubs... to find folks that have space and want some company. Having a nice warm home to relax to after a tough day of beating the streets will be helpful (mentally and physically). Surely there is someone on this forum who has an extra bedroom or couch... (I'm 3 +hrs away and NOT close to public transportation)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area