Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 02:04 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

The Washington Huskies football team fought hunger and defeated BYU to win the Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco, 31-16.

The all purple uniforms were awesome!

The Price is right!

Interim coach (and former Dawg QB) Marques Tuiasosopo carried on a proud Husky tradition of winning.

Go UW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 02:00 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,251 times
It's good to see them win. They just need to beat someone decent next year. They lost to every decent ranked team they played this year (Oregon, UCLA, Arizona State, Stanford). All their 9 wins were really against pretty average to slightly above average teams.

Looks like what the third or fourth straight year Husky mens hoops won't make the NCAA tourney. Unless something radical happens. UW mens football and hoops pretty mediocre these days.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:03 PM

And despite their mediocrity, it is insane what the cost of tickets to Husky mens hoop and football is. I moved up here about a year ago and I was shocked. $100 gets you a nosebleed upper upper deck seat at a football game. $150-$200+ if you want to be anywhere close to the field. A decent seat a hoop game within 20 rows is $60-$100. Crazy. Those are the highest ticket prices for regular season college sports I have ever seen.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:39 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
It's good to see them win. They just need to beat someone decent next year. They lost to every decent ranked team they played this year (Oregon, UCLA, Arizona State, Stanford). All their 9 wins were really against pretty average to slightly above average teams.

Looks like what the third or fourth straight year Husky mens hoops won't make the NCAA tourney. Unless something radical happens. UW mens football and hoops pretty mediocre these days.
Yeah, Coach Sarkisian inherited a not so good team and turned them into a pretty decent football squad, but they are still a work in progress.

Hopefully, Coach Peterson can continue the progress and lead the Dawgs back where they belong - the Rose Bowl.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:58 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,668,019 times
I wish I was more excited about this bowl victory. Hate to be cynical, but this program needs more to get back into the top tier. I wish Coach Pete the best. If he can come close to getting results like he did at BSU, then it was a great hire. But this will be a tough road with many competitive teams in the Pac-12.

Sark, no doubt brought the program back from the dead, but now he has bailed. And the process begins again. Recruiting is in limbo. 5-4 in the Pac-12 just won't cut it. However, I will end with a positive. 9 wins. Not bad.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:23 AM

603 posts, read 877,775 times
I was glad to see them win but some people at the bar I was at were too excited. It's just the "Fight Hunger Bowl," not the Rose Bowl. UW has still been a notch above mediocrity for a few years now. I'll be more excited if they start competing for the Pac-12 in the next couple years.

This is all coming from a UW student.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:18 PM

I think Peterson was a good hire. What he did at Boise State was totally awesome at a Mid Major school with limited recruiting clout. I would like to see UW mens hoops go after Mark Few at Gonzaga if Romar keeps having down years. I think UW is the one school Mark Few might be talked into leaving Gonzaga for since he could stay in the same state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area