Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 12:46 PM

17 posts, read 25,754 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am planning to move and don't have a lot of stuffs: twin bed, 2-seat sofa, desk, no TV, etc. The plan is to move within the Eastside. I know some companies charge you minimal amount even when you move less than that.

Any recommendation?

I saw Gentle Giants here Moving company recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 04:37 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,889,560 times
Rent a truck - use workers from Casa Latina

Old 10-07-2015, 10:48 PM

6,899 posts, read 8,960,175 times
Best for small moves as smallest minimum time and two guys (2 hours) so maybe $200 total - not bad
Wise Choice in Woodinville
Ben's Moving Co (yellow truck) - make sure two not four guys

Old 10-07-2015, 11:00 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,532,075 times
Adam's Moving Service. I've used them a few times, always great.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Adam's Moving Service. I've used them a few times, always great.
I recall they have a 3 hour minimum, too much for a small move.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:36 PM

17 posts, read 25,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I really don't have that much stuffs to move, and I already boxed everything.

I will check out WiseChoiceMovers and Adam's Moving Service. I could not find Ben's Moving Co. Do you know their website/info?

Old 10-08-2015, 12:16 AM

1,979 posts, read 3,532,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
That includes their travel time to/from their Northgate area warehouse. But I also find that most moves take a little bit longer than people think (movers would tell you the same thing) - travel to the loading location, loading, driving to the new location, unpacking the truck, then the movers driving back to their starting point. Really easy to eat through three hours.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:49 AM

439 posts, read 518,614 times
this goes without saying but *do not* use anyone posted on C.L.

I found someone, very reasonably priced, on C.L. last year...asked for a reference check (the reference had a legitimate moving co. and website, with very good reviews on yelp and google) The reference gave this guy a good review, However, when it came to the actual move (this was from a 1-bedroom apt as well...but I'm a woman and I'm a "nester" ---I have a lot of stuff!!) the guy called two days before the move and wanted to move up my date to one day before!! Impossible for me b/c of day job, etc. I was totally not ready!!

So, I ended up having to move myself, and begged some co-workers and friends to help me, but it was sooo stressful. I regret not posting something at the University (last year I lived in a different city - with a large university but not a lot of jobs!!) and paying some college students who needed the cash to help me out.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:56 AM

439 posts, read 518,614 times
My point is: do you live by a community college or University? I know this sounds archaic in this internet age but *make some flyers* (Fyi, Most colleges have an office where you have to get flyers stamped/approved before you post them) Put some on community bulletin boards around the campus. Then interview a few people at the local Starbucks and then just pay them in cash to help you move for 2-3 hours. Rent a truck from Budget, it's cheaper if you can do it on the weekdays.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
That includes their travel time to/from their Northgate area warehouse. But I also find that most moves take a little bit longer than people think (movers would tell you the same thing) - travel to the loading location, loading, driving to the new location, unpacking the truck, then the movers driving back to their starting point. Really easy to eat through three hours.
Not true at all if not much stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area