Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 09:42 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times

Advertisements

They don't have to, but, ya know what, maybe they should do it now while RW's stock is still high? I love Russ but I'm starting to think "why not?" now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 05:48 PM

3,698 posts, read 2,419,546 times
Russ was never going anywhere.

This whole "story" was click-bait and ratings from the beginning.

Old 02-27-2021, 06:15 PM

I can't see Pete and John letting Russ go, I really can't. It's clickbait for those that have chosen sports journalism for a career and their sponsors.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:04 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,896,703 times
Yes, controversy sells, but I think there is a bit more than that going on. I think Russell has genuine concerns. Why did he list four teams he would go to??? Russell is looking less and less innocent here, as the team itself has not commented.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 02-27-2021 at 09:23 PM..

Old 02-28-2021, 08:35 AM

Yes, controversy sells, but I think there is a bit more than that going on. I think Russell has genuine concerns. Why did he list four teams he would go to??? Russell is looking less and less innocent here, as the team itself has not commented.

Yes, I now agree, pnwguy2, my latest thinking on this subject is that Russ does want to go somewhere else. After all, an inept O-Line (in any sort of way) will inhibit Russell Wilson's ability to chase Tom Brady's superlative success record as one of the most winniest QB's of all time. As it stands now, Russ really doesn't have a chance to better Tom Brady's overall W-L record.

Having said that, if the Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders or the Dallas Cowboys can protect him better and offer up the kind of money he wants, he'll take it and run with it. I now think Russ is totally serious and that this is the beginning of the end for Russ in Seattle.

Dallas has stated they're all-in for re-signing Dak Prescott. You can cross Dallas off the the RW Sweepstakes. But, OTOH, count Jon Gruden and the Las Vegas Raiders very much in the running. Jon Gruden has always loved Russell Wilson's style of quarterbacking and he's not shy about stating how he feels. New Orleans would love to have Russ and, of course, after enduring having Mitch Trubisky as their QB and having Nick Foles lose 5 straight games last season as Mitch's
replacement, Chicago is serious about getting Russell Wilson. Totally serious.

Yes, I'm now all-in that we might lose Russell Wilson. Have KJ Wright assure fans that Russ is staying doesn't make me think he is staying in Seattle. Let things get really interesting now. You doubters need ta do some more sports reading right quick.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:19 PM

OK,

There now seems to be more we don't know about or didn't know about between Russel and PC and the organization.

I (and we) only know what is written and given by "inside sources" but it seems PC has gotten a lot more authority after Allen died as his sister and owner Jody stays back more. How much pull does Jon Schneider have? I assume quite a bit being the GM. If....this is the case.

A lot of great players on the team and it's a team sport. RW has been the key link in their successes (even though it's been a few years in reality).

I'm starting to doubt Pete on a few things on the way he does things.

Point of this post: RW may not indeed be happy with the organization and the riff may be deeper than we thought.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:24 PM

20,518 posts, read 33,572,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Yes, I now agree, pnwguy2, my latest thinking on this subject is that Russ does want to go somewhere else. After all, an inept O-Line (in any sort of way) will inhibit Russell Wilson's ability to chase Tom Brady's superlative success record as one of the most winniest QB's of all time. As it stands now, Russ really doesn't have a chance to better Tom Brady's overall W-L record.

Having said that, if the Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders or the Dallas Cowboys can protect him better and offer up the kind of money he wants, he'll take it and run with it. I now think Russ is totally serious and that this is the beginning of the end for Russ in Seattle.

Dallas has stated they're all-in for re-signing Dak Prescott. You can cross Dallas off the the RW Sweepstakes. But, OTOH, count Jon Gruden and the Las Vegas Raiders very much in the running. Jon Gruden has always loved Russell Wilson's style of quarterbacking and he's not shy about stating how he feels. New Orleans would love to have Russ and, of course, after enduring having Mitch Trubisky as their QB and having Nick Foles lose 5 straight games last season as Mitch's
replacement, Chicago is serious about getting Russell Wilson. Totally serious.

Yes, I'm now all-in that we might lose Russell Wilson. Have KJ Wright assure fans that Russ is staying doesn't make me think he is staying in Seattle. Let things get really interesting now. You doubters need ta do some more sports reading right quick.
Don't read to much into that. Jerry says one thing and does the other. If they were all in, they would have resigned him last year.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:04 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,896,703 times
It is crossroads time for the Hawks. Expect some big announcements in the coming weeks. Don't want to predict, but I feel a wind of change...

Old 03-05-2021, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
It is crossroads time for the Hawks. Expect some big announcements in the coming weeks. Don't want to predict, but I feel a wind of change...
I hope the change will be PC is out and RW stays.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:06 PM

I hope the change will be PC is out and RW stays.

I don't know, Pete Carroll is 69. Perhaps it's time for him to step down. In reality, Pete will probably stay and RW could be getting shipped out. I sense a change in scenery, though, for the Hawks, of some sort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area