Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 07:20 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,307,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
I’m currently working but the electrical shop i work for is really terrible and I can’t find anything else at my expierence level.The Job market has always been trash in San Diego but I can’t sacrifice anymore than I am. It was like this even before COVID happened. This is stupid. I’m gonna end up spending half- 1/3 of my pay on gas because my employer has me running to 3 jobs a day or back and forth picking up material or tools from the shop. I’ve blown 150$ In just 8 days of work.

I don’t make but 3/$ hr over minimum wage. I can’t survive like this. I took a pretty big pay cut to go back to work as is. I’m making the arrangements now by saving , and talking / applying to companies up in Seattle , interviewing , etc. I might have to go back on EDD to save quicker once that extra 300$ kicks in. I feel stupid for not taking that job where the guy offered me union pay a month ago.

Living in the area will suck but moving away is a pick your poison kind of thing I guess. Maybe I can find something back down in SD after I journey out but it looks like for the foreseeable future I’ll be in Seattle.

Atleast that area of Washington is down right Gorgeous. I’ll love that actual part of Washington.

I’ll have to deal with being in the capitol clown world and that’s no fun. Slashed tires for hanging a us flag on my rear view , people who want to kill me because I’m a white a male and not as a progressive as them. The people who block the roads to work and will bash my truck up. Oh the joy.

Maybe if Im feeling extra masochistic I’ll stay longer because of how great the local union is up there. Something San Diego is definitely lacking , a good local ibew with work that isn’t corrupt to no end.

Can’t wait to see you all in Detroit/Chicago 2.0. Can’t wait to join the ccw backlog either and have to wait months. See you soon Seattle
Put aside your preconceptions. Get out in nature. Enjoy the people you meet, I bet you'll really like it out here much more than you think. We never really grow as people unless we open our minds and hearts, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 09:15 PM

243 posts, read 228,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Put aside your preconceptions. Get out in nature. Enjoy the people you meet, I bet you'll really like it out here much more than you think. We never really grow as people unless we open our minds and hearts, right?
I have no problem with liberals. I have problems with people who might assault me , impede traffic on my way to work, Try to drag me out of my truck and beat me within an inch of my Life because I’m white , vandalize my vehicle , and make me kiss their feet and pay them reparations s for something that I had no part in that happened way before my time.

I also have problems with people who light buildings on fire and mortally wound officers with ieds.

I mind my own business dude. You can have whatever beliefs or values you want as long as it doesn’t hurt other people. That’s the issue. The rioters are hurting other people.

Good thing is I’m gonna have some leverage negotiating pay by sounding scared of the city as well.

I think I will as well. It’s kinda funny seeing the people who get triggered but it’s literally clown world up there. I Can’t help but laugh.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:17 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,307,797 times
Quote:
I have no problem with liberals. I have problems with people who might assault me , impede traffic on my way to work, Try to drag me out of my truck and beat me within an inch of my Life because I’m white , vandalize my vehicle , and make me kiss their feet and pay them reparations s for something that I had no part in that happened way before my time.

I also have problems with people who light buildings on fire and mortally wound officers with ieds.

I mind my own business dude. You can have whatever beliefs or values you want as long as it doesn’t hurt other people. That’s the issue. The rioters are hurting other people.

Good thing is I’m gonna have some leverage negotiating pay by sounding scared of the city as well.

I think I will as well. It’s kinda funny seeing the people who get triggered but it’s literally clown world up there. I Can’t help but laugh.
Let me help you a bit, bro. It's not at all what you have read. Most of us live in quiet little neighborhoods, pretty mellow place actually. Again, come with an open mind and you'll meet a lot of nice people.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:10 AM

12,843 posts, read 9,578,282 times
Quote:

You seem like a guy that likes drama and confrontation. I think you’re a better fit in a conservative city.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:06 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,081,705 times
Quote:
Just FYI, the following cities had a higher violent crime rate (incidents per 100,000 population) in 2019 than Seattle, according to the FBI.

Louisville Metro6
Omaha
St. Paul
Pittsburgh
Long Beach
Boston
Des Moines
Reno
Sacramento
Denver
St. Petersburg
Corpus Christi
San Antonio
San Francisco
Miami
Mobile3
Orlando
Phoenix
Los Angeles
Dallas
Oklahoma City
Tucson
Newark
Atlanta
Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Washington
North Las Vegas
Buffalo
Wichita
Baton Rouge
Tulsa
Houston
Chicago
Minneapolis
New Orleans
Nashville
Anchorage
San Bernardino
Oakland
Indianapolis
Albuquerque
Stockton4
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Kansas City
Memphis
Baltimore
Detroit
St. Louis

(Major North Carolina cities - Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte et al) don't participate.)

Old 08-27-2020, 09:49 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,673,799 times
Quote:
Your only problem is with believing the right-wing media that those things will happen to you if you come to Seattle.

Quote:
It’s kinda funny seeing the people who get triggered but it’s literally clown world up there. I Can’t help but laugh.
You're telling people who live here what their city is like and you don't believe them when they tell you that you are wrong. I hope you get to see the eyerolling when you ask for more money due to a non-existent problem.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:15 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,998 times
dg628 has entered the Troll Zone.

It's needless to further engage.

Old 08-27-2020, 12:38 PM

12,843 posts, read 9,578,282 times
Quote:

I think I will as well. It’s kinda funny seeing the people who get triggered but it’s literally clown world up there. I Can’t help but laugh
But yet, you can't wait to get here? Weirdo.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:44 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,876,110 times
I would love to "accept my fate" and move back up there. I think you are worrying too much about the wrong things. You apparently have an opportunity that could provide you well enough. If you don't like the politics of Seattle, (which is understandable, even other locals roll their eyes and there are definitely some out there)... Then don't live directly in Seattle.

Old 08-29-2020, 04:38 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
Union? Maybe you should move to a red state where they bust up those commie marxist organizations.
Seriously! Where is Reagan when you need him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area