Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 08:37 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times

Advertisements

Are the Seattle Seahawk's and the rest of the nfl going to play the 2020 season? I saw one report from Roger Goodell and Co. that said they are planning on playing. They're going to start a tad later - 3rd week in September perhaps. I recall the end of regular season being in late December and the playoffs ending the end of January 2021. The Grandaddy of all Bowl's, the Super Bowl, would be Feb. 21st, 2021. Any other diehard NFL fan besides myself read that article?

Oh, and one more really important thing: they're going to play to empty stadiums!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 10:14 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,675,377 times
I'm sure they'll try.

I've been watching Bundesliga (German soccer) last couple weeks. AFAIK they were the first major western sports league approved to resume their season. First game was really awkward, but they learned to adapt. The last game I watched they amplified fan chants and sounds that would even react to plays and goals. I'm not sure how they did it, but it improved the viewership experience. I've heard "they" plan to use technology and show fans in real time. Like a giant zoom call.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:21 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,202,346 times
The NFL makes way too much money not to do everything in their power to have a season in some shape or form, even with half capacity stadiums or something of that nature

Old 05-28-2020, 10:35 AM

The NFL makes way too much money not to do everything in their power to have a season in some shape or form, even with half capacity stadiums or something of that nature

Bingo-boingo-bango! Goodell and Co. have such a mafia-type hold on that moneymaker that I just can't see them dropping that football like Cam Newton in the Big Daddy and not try and pick the thing up. Russell Wilson would have been down on the ground in a second and fought till the ref's cleared the pile vying for that football. RW is not only the best NFL QB ever but he's also the toughest one ever. Never missed a game!

Keep on rockin' in the free world!

Old 05-28-2020, 10:55 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,166,102 times
I think there will be a season but would not be surprised to see them play in empty stadiums for the upcoming season. Hope it doesn't get to this because Seattle has a HUGE advantage in crowd noise. This would be a big blow for the Hawks.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:57 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Bingo-boingo-bango! Goodell and Co. have such a mafia-type hold on that moneymaker that I just can't see them dropping that football like Cam Newton in the Big Daddy and not try and pick the thing up. Russell Wilson would have been down on the ground in a second and fought till the ref's cleared the pile vying for that football. RW is not only the best NFL QB ever but he's also the toughest one ever. Never missed a game!

Keep on rockin' in the free world!
Yeah i hope they play.

And Russell has certainly CARRIED what really has been a mediocre team (outside of him) on his back, guy is a gamer and clutch no doubt. Seattle has consistently had the worst pathetic excuse of an o-line for a few years and yet he finds a way, each and every game, a less mobile qb would be in a wheelchair after a season behind them, not an MVP candidate year in and year out

Old 05-28-2020, 12:58 PM

I think there will be a season but would not be surprised to see them play in empty stadiums for the upcoming season. Hope it doesn't get to this because Seattle has a HUGE advantage in crowd noise. This would be a big blow for the Hawks.

I totally agree! I really hope that they'll allow the stadiums to be filled. I am used to real nfl football with loud, full stadiums and the home advantage Seattle has with the 12's in the stands is proven to help them. Let them fill up, nfl!

Old 05-28-2020, 01:00 PM

Yeah i hope they play.

And Russell has certainly CARRIED what really has been a mediocre team (outside of him) on his back, guy is a gamer and clutch no doubt

If every Seahawk played with the intensity of conviction like RW we'd plow our way to the 2021 Super Bowl!

Old 05-28-2020, 01:47 PM

15,856 posts, read 6,557,396 times
The Bundesliga seems to be managing, although they're surely taking a revenue hit from the empty stands.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:03 AM

Another thing I noticed is our 2020 NFL Draft. Now, it's really hard to predict how rookies will do, but I noticed a large LSU O-lineman we drafted that I think will come through, plus the pass-rusher we drafted oughta rock as well. And some good WR's, too.

In Round 1 our overall pick #27 Jordyn Brooks at LB looks VERY strong - like eventually help for when Bobby Wagner has to retire. In round 2 for the rushing edge we picked Darrel Taylor out of Tennessee. In round 3 we chose Guard Damien Lewis out of LSU (this is the guy I'm talking out - he looks very STRONG!). Round 4 brought us TE Colby Parkinson out of Stanford. I think we did well but someone who was looking for a megastar out of college to delight us was probably disappointed. I was pretty pleased with our 2020 draft.

If any of y'all watched some of these guys' college film you'll know what I mean. Don't just throw smelly tomatoes at your computer screen when you review the Seahawk's 2020 Draft picks - look at some of their college film! That is why I'm so excited with our picks - I've watched the film. Watch some film, dudes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area