Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 11:45 AM

81 posts, read 71,712 times

Advertisements

We have a home construction going on in the neighboring lot. Last week, I suddenly noticed that a patch in our side yard had all the shrubs uprooted. They are pulled from the other side of the boundary where the construction is happening. We have a beautiful yard around the house and this patch is now making it look ugly. More than that, I am worried this will happen in other areas around the boundary. Attaching pictures here.

I reached out to the construction crew head but he is literally ghosting us. Suggestions on options to tackle this? We live in Bellevue
Attached Thumbnails
Contruction crew messed up our side yard-image0-3-.jpeg   Contruction crew messed up our side yard-image1-2-.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 11:56 AM

14,496 posts, read 12,134,812 times
That looks like English Ivy... it will come back. Really whether you wanted it or not.

It's a construction site now. It's noisy and disruptive, but also temporary. I'd wait and see when they are finished. It does look like they've put up barriers to help keep everything on it's own side now...

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 10-13-2021 at 12:09 PM..

Old 10-13-2021, 11:58 AM

8,172 posts, read 8,310,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast987 View Post
We have a home construction going on in the neighboring lot. Last week, I suddenly noticed that a patch in our side yard had all the shrubs uprooted. They are pulled from the other side of the boundary where the construction is happening. We have a beautiful yard around the house and this patch is now making it look ugly. More than that, I am worried this will happen in other areas around the boundary. Attaching pictures here.

I reached out to the construction crew head but he is literally ghosting us. Suggestions on options to tackle this? We live in Bellevue
Try going up the food chain more, call the owner of the company. If still no answer, tell them you have some friends in the media who are doing a story about “carelessness of local construction crews” .

Old 10-13-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
That looks like English Ivy... it will come back. Really whether you wanted it or not.

It's a construction site now. It's noisy and disruptive, but also temporary. I'd wait and see when they are finished. It does look like they've put up barriers to help keep everything on it's own side now...
Exactly. Those barriers didn't deter them from messing up our side

Old 10-13-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Try going up the food chain more, call the owner of the company. If still no answer, tell them you have some friends in the media who are doing a story about “carelessness of local construction crews” .
This is not the first time they have messed up actually. Few weeks back, we were out of internet for 2 days since the crew cut down our underground internet cable

Old 10-13-2021, 12:46 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

Agree. In the grand scale of things this damage is minor. That ivy is pretty indestructible. Can't really tell from your photo, but was the ground itself dug up? Its possible they had to locate or access some specific area of an underground utility, or take survey measurements from that particular spot for the ongoing project. Its also possible part of the disturbance was created when they installed the barrier...which is to protect YOUR property. Should they have given you a heads up before working on your side of the property line? Yes, that would have been considerate. Is it the end of the world? Certainly not.

Last edited by Parnassia; 10-13-2021 at 12:55 PM..

Old 10-13-2021, 12:48 PM

14,496 posts, read 12,134,812 times
Quote:
Exactly. Those barriers didn't deter them from messing up our side

Well, so far, if that's the extent of it, it should recover quickly. It's not probably not possible to dig up one section of ivy without it having some cascading effect down-vine ... they're LONG interconnected vines. The alternative to removing what they did, would be to cut it and leave the ends there dead and dying. To me, it looks like they tried to clean up what they had to cut. What's there now should recover in time.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:50 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,674,107 times
Just wait until the neighbors move in...

Old 10-13-2021, 12:53 PM

812 posts, read 1,062,778 times
English ivy is considered an invasive plant in Western WA. They were doing you a favor.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:56 PM

1,684 posts, read 2,711,210 times
Quote:
This is not the first time they have messed up actually. Few weeks back, we were out of internet for 2 days since the crew cut down our underground internet cable
I'd go up the food chain like homes said to prevent further damage. They don't seem to be very respectful. You don't want something more major wrecked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area