Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 PM

56 posts, read 169,631 times

Advertisements

My husband is in the Coast Guard and we are moving to Seattle in June.
We are looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom with a fenced in back yard,possibly the Renton area...or any decent area's close to Seattle,we are trying to keep the rent at $1500 or below.
We have 2 small children and no pets,so my question is does anyone know of any rental homes or any rental websites that I can check out?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for anyone who responds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 08:37 PM

219 posts, read 736,826 times
Check craigslist just becareful when sending money to anyone there are lots of creeps out there
seattle-tacoma apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

Old 04-25-2009, 08:48 PM

56 posts, read 169,631 times
I have tried Craigslist,but in return got emails from people claiming to be in Africa doing work for the church wanting me to send money and in return they would send a key.
I have also got some legitimate responses from there as well,I'm 3000 miles away and am not up for so easily trusting someone.

I was just wondering what some more legit websites would be,like maybe a real agencie that handles rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda05125 View Post
Check craigslist just becareful when sending money to anyone there are lots of creeps out there
seattle-tacoma apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 PM

737 posts, read 1,463,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKWife View Post
I have tried Craigslist,but in return got emails from people claiming to be in Africa doing work for the church wanting me to send money and in return they would send a key.
I have also got some legitimate responses from there as well,I'm 3000 miles away and am not up for so easily trusting someone.

I was just wondering what some more legit websites would be,like maybe a real agencie that handles rentals.
You can try Seattle Apartments at Seattle Rentals .com - condos, houses and apartment listings and online rental classifieds. I like the way the site is layed out. I would shy away from craigslist(as you already know). We have been trying to sell some stuff leftover from building our home(mainly really nice granite countertops) and so far nothing but weirdos that want to send cashiers checks, aren't from the country... Anyway, sorry to get off point! Good luck!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM

319 posts, read 1,912,247 times
Try searching for property management companies. They seem to have more house listings with owners looking for long-term renters. Something like "seattle property management", etc. Some of the sites have a search feature of their listings. If you are looking for a house, then stay away from the apartment search sites for the most part. I didn't find hardly any houses on the sites, even ones which accepted private listings (only managed apartment complexes).

Old 04-26-2009, 02:32 PM

2 posts, read 18,559 times
www.rent.com
www.forrent.com
Any apartment you try to rent, Just check the apartment ratings
www.apartmentratings.com BEcause we may find something on it. Outside and whenevr we go on a tour all apartments are the same and they have a model house to show. Once you like the model apartment ask them to show you the apartment which you"ll be taking atleast after cleaning. because there are a lot of differences. sunlight etc.
you can also check some preferred apartment communities such as
equity residential, Avalon ...These two are highly regarded and you can google these names to find the websites.
Good luck on your home search.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:02 AM

66 posts, read 162,222 times
I just found hotpads.com which will show you whats for rent and where, overlaid on a google map type display. Pretty neat, hope this helps

Old 04-29-2009, 11:20 AM

309 posts, read 1,026,636 times
HotPads - Map Search for Real Estate, Apartments & Houses for Rent, Foreclosures and Homes for Sale is very good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area