Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 AM

301 posts, read 1,327,306 times

Advertisements

Hello

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and I often read on Pearl Jam forums Seattle residents talking about how they might see Eddie or another member of Pearl Jam doing everyday errands and stuff. Has anyone here spotted one of them around town at at a coffee shop, record store, etc?

And just as a side note, how great must it be to reside in a city where the greatest rock band in the world calls home. I'm totally envious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,843,403 times
No PJ sightings for me, but according to recent news reports, you might see the former bassist for Nirvana out campaigning if you live in a certain rural WA county.

Krist Novoselic's Running for Office - Seattle Weekly

Old 06-05-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelinWA View Post
No PJ sightings for me, but according to recent news reports, you might see the former bassist for Nirvana out campaigning if you live in a certain rural WA county.

Krist Novoselic's Running for Office - Seattle Weekly

Sweet! He'd get my vote! Nirvana rocks!

Old 06-05-2009, 10:37 AM

68 posts, read 215,445 times
Sure, Turin, Italy, 1993 -- they opened for U2.

In Seattle, however, no. Although WA is probably one of the few areas of the country where the 90's grunge bands still get a lot of radio play.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRef View Post

In Seattle, however, no. Although WA is probably one of the few areas of the country where the 90's grunge bands still get a lot of radio play.
That's a shame. The stuff that passes for music these days on most radio station is just plain brutal. I'd love an all Seattle music radio station where I live.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 PM

204 posts, read 813,910 times
Eddie Vedder has a house over by Lincoln Park in W Seattle. If he's seen out and about it's probably around there. I think he's a private kind of guy. Never heard of him out and about but maybe he just walks his dog around the park like everyone else.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:42 AM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times
Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden. Where have all the good times gone?

Don't forget the earlier successes out of Seattle...Heart, Queensryche come to mind.

"Jet City Woman", a song inspired by Seattle (and a girl) by Queensryche is still on my fav list.

Seattle has always been a great music town. From Ray Charles to the Ventures to the Fleetwoods (ok Olympia), and the grunge rock scene. It seems to need a bit of a kickstart these days. We'll see.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:37 AM

233 posts, read 752,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden. Where have all the good times gone?

Don't forget the earlier successes out of Seattle...Heart, Queensryche come to mind.

"Jet City Woman", a song inspired by Seattle (and a girl) by Queensryche is still on my fav list.

Seattle has always been a great music town. From Ray Charles to the Ventures to the Fleetwoods (ok Olympia), and the grunge rock scene. It seems to need a bit of a kickstart these days. We'll see.
Actually Seattle is doing fine with music right now. The Fleet Foxes are one of the most lauded bands to come out this past year. They performed on Letterman and made plenty of top 10 lists for 2008. Also check out the Cave Singers, or if you like hip hop there's the Blue Scholars.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:23 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,843,403 times
Not to further hijack the OP's original thread, but in addition to the acclaimed Fleet Foxes, notable Seattle bands include Death Cab for Cutie. And Modest Mouse is still out there and a favorite of many.

Anyone else see Letterman-regulars Pearl Jam on Conan O'Brien's first show last week?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:54 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times
Well, that is good to hear. I guess some of these bands have yet to reach "critical mass"
quite yet, as the bands of the 90's did. But that takes time. I think Seattle has been, and will continue to be a great music town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: