Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 AM

73 posts, read 165,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDawson View Post
A lot depends on what you look like. Funny how that works.
30-something attractive, fit women. But I was asking about the men. Their quality doesn't change depending on the women's looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:03 PM

204 posts, read 813,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingdoll1 View Post
30-something attractive, fit women. But I was asking about the men. Their quality doesn't change depending on the women's looks.
I think you get more bang for the buck in Seattle as a good looking woman. Handsome well-educated guys with bossy mediocre "dude chicks" is the fairly common here. Whereas the same guys could do much better elsewhere.

Human nature being what it is, at 30-something you realize that prospects for you are not as bright as they were 10 years ago (clock ticks, and here you are nearing the end of your whatever-it's-called related to child-bearing ability). But you will likely find a fine man in Seattle.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDawson View Post
I think you get more bang for the buck in Seattle as a good looking woman. Handsome well-educated guys with bossy mediocre "dude chicks" is the fairly common here. Whereas the same guys could do much better elsewhere.

Human nature being what it is, at 30-something you realize that prospects for you are not as bright as they were 10 years ago (clock ticks, and here you are nearing the end of your whatever-it's-called related to child-bearing ability). But you will likely find a fine man in Seattle.
Actually prospects are much brighter now than when I was just out of college. Who wants an immature frat boy? Most ppl don't pair up for life in their early twenties. Not every woman even wants kids, nor do we feel a "ticking clock," and most quality ones aren't willing to settle whether or not they do. So lighten up on the condescending stereotypes, or implying that early 30-something women have a few good years left of dating. It's pretty ridiculous.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:34 PM

807 posts, read 2,258,314 times
Quote:
Actually prospects are much brighter now than when I was just out of college. Who wants an immature frat boy? Most ppl don't pair up for life in their early twenties. Not every woman even wants kids, nor do we feel a "ticking clock," and most quality ones aren't willing to settle whether or not they do. So lighten up on the condescending stereotypes, or implying that early 30-something women have a few good years left of dating. It's pretty ridiculous.

Have you ever met a single 40-something woman?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Have you ever met a single 40-something woman?
Yeah...your point?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,584 times
Quote:
If your friendly gestures are getting shot down and rebuffed, I don't blame you (men) for shutting down and putting fourth less effort. It's too bad that some unfriendly women ruin it for the rest of us because I know plenty of attractive, fit women, who welcome polite attention.

Found an interesting article about this, or unfriendliness in general - the "Seattle Freeze":
The Seattle Times: Pacific Northwest Magazine : Our Social Disease
Yes. This is how I feel. I have pretty much given up trying to "hit on" women around here. I am 37, tall, attractive and it seems the only way I can meet women is online dating. Pretty sad. I tried for years trying to meet and talk to women when I am out and about and all I got was the cold shoulder. I definately felt the Seattle Freeze... So now I do not even bother. I think this holds true for a lot of men around here!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:24 PM

32 posts, read 75,460 times
I'm a married woman, but most of our friends are single guys. I know a ton of very sweet, successful single men in the computer/gaming field. Many of them are also good looking and fun.

The only problem is that they are most often either working, or hanging out with their married friends. So they might be difficult to meet. If you like the type though, and can meet them, there seem to be a lot of great guys around here to choose from.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 PM

239 posts, read 596,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileau View Post
Being a similar age as you, I would suggest that it is purely a numbers game.

Do you honestly think that the dating scene is any different in SF/SEA than say Fargo, ND? It don't matter what age you are, nor does it matter what city you are in and if you are moving to a place based on one's independent survey than I would suggest spending a few more hours with your shrink.

Why don't you break it down and ask where the skinny people or the fat people live? Why are so many Americans, Idiots??????
The OP asked a simple, valid question. Why that got you all riled up, is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: