Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 04:41 AM

792 posts, read 1,177,543 times

Advertisements

The government deemed last September as National Preparedness month.

There's a commercial on TV put out by the gov concerning preparing yourself for a disaster. It shows a couple and a child being turned upside down. The man runs and grabs a stocked duffel bag from inside a cabinet and they all leave through the front door.

I believe the gov is warning us about something coming...something disastrous. I base this belief on the fact that they've warned us before (which I won't go into).
Anyone want to tell me what they believe this coming disaster to be and what you base this belief on?
I know it could be a number of things but I'm curious as to what some of you think.
And please don't post back telling me I'm a nutty conspiracy person. It takes up space on my screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,702,451 times
Snowstorm,icestorm,tornados,flood,hurricanes. Remember katrina?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 AM

23,604 posts, read 70,456,777 times
An invasion by Homeland Security?

Old 01-01-2011, 10:16 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Could be anything. What, depends on who you are, and what you see.

The Gov likes keeping a media BAD news wave, which brainwashes us.

Since the Govt is useless in katrina like events, I doubt acts of nature really count, and so think it will something man made, like war, a nuke "accident", and even the Govt finally admitting that our money is worthless. No one hears that last comment well, but it is true.

No point tellin' it, since no one hears it. The one point is a $1.00 Fedral Reserve Note currently is worth what ever weight in silver is equal to 1 cent. The proof is easy to come by. Google 'ampx.com', seek old real silver dollars, or bags of silver bullion (change) , break it down and you will find a old silver dollar is now equall to $25.00. Pretty grim fact.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Snowstorm,icestorm,tornados,flood,hurricanes. Remember katrina?
I remember Katrina. Do you remember the movie that aired on mainstream TV two weeks earlier about a hurricane?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
An invasion by Homeland Security?
LOL- I laugh but it's very possible.

Doesn't anyone find it a bit odd that the gov. is warning us as they warned them about Katrina?
Have you all heard of the Normalcy Bias? I Googled it.
I know the link below is an end times site but it explains it pretty good.

[URL="http://endtimesforecaster.blogspot.com/2010/12/normalcy-bias.html"]http://endtimesforecaster.blogspot.com/2010/12/normalcy-bias.html[/URL]

Old 01-02-2011, 11:23 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,109,872 times
The government likes to creat a crisis situation so they can come up with another way to control people. Look at the health care crisis, is it close to the crisis that the government pretends it to be? No, we have better health care than any other nation, and we will have until Obama gets his way. But, after the health care law was passed there are all kinds of new laws that were passed along with it. All of them take more of our freedoms away, but no one cares until they go hungry. I suspect a famine is in our future. Once the governemnt puts the small farmers out of business who is going to grow the food? Most people think the food comes from the grocery store. It does, but it is not made there. Stop and think what would happen to our food at the grocery stores if freight stopped moving for a week, if fuel prices go high enouch it could happen. Something is going to have to happen in the US, we can't continue to do things the same way we have for the last 25 years. Could you survive if you didn't go to the grocery store for a month? A year? What would you eat? What would you do to keep other people from taking your food, property or life?

Old 01-02-2011, 11:53 AM

This coming tuesday on history channel will be a show on a DC nuke attack at 10 pm est sdt time.

To get people to leave a place it is that sort of thing, and to take a duffel bag is a joke.
If DC were really nuked, that type of event would shut down the nation, as we know it.

If dollars become worth less than a roll of TP that too would shut down the nation as we know it. While most people remain blind to that idea the event is very near.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Mac_Muz, thanks for the info.
Maybe there'll be a nuke- just not in DC.
And Nite Ryder- I agree.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 PM

Sorta' assume the DC nuke is hypothetical, but might get a mental image working. But then it might be a duct tape the doors and windows bit, in which case anyone who does dies.

IMO no storm of natural causes will ever shut down a nation the size of the USA. IMO if Cal slipped into the sea, over night, that would not stop the nation from being the nation.

If money were of no value in the same time, that would end the nation. See the diff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness