Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to pre-position some essential supplies off site so you can live to fight another day?

Here's a fairly simple scenario for you. FEMA shows up with a well armed contingent of soldiers. You stick to your principles and succeed in killing one or two of them, maybe wounding another. They kill you and take all your stuff.

As an alternative you choke down your revulsion at letting them take what they want knowing you have enough supplies stashed off site to keep you alive and armed for a couple months. During that couple months you're able to initiate several conflicts that don't begin with you at an immediate disadvantage. As a result they ultimately suffer more losses. Despite having initially lost your stuff they paid a higher price for having taken it.

Pick your fights wisely.
Sounds rather "Gone With the Wind"-ish. The Yankees left with chickens across their saddles, and even squealing pigs - but much of the silver was thrown down the well, pigs and chickens were bustled into the swamps, and most Yankees didn't recognize collards or sweet potatoes as "food". Maybe they can see what's in the yard - and maybe they'll know what it is, maybe not. It seems like those who live more rurally would have a better opportunity to simply be overlooked. If "they're" using interstates or even state highways to connect to food resources, they are more likely to go after the most obvious ones first - the meat processors and dairy farms rather than the people 5 miles down the gravel road with one or two chickens or cows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to pre-position some essential supplies off site so you can live to fight another day?

Here's a fairly simple scenario for you. FEMA shows up with a well armed contingent of soldiers. You stick to your principles and succeed in killing one or two of them, maybe wounding another. They kill you and take all your stuff.

As an alternative you choke down your revulsion at letting them take what they want knowing you have enough supplies stashed off site to keep you alive and armed for a couple months. During that couple months you're able to initiate several conflicts that don't begin with you at an immediate disadvantage. As a result they ultimately suffer more losses. Despite having initially lost your stuff they paid a higher price for having taken it.

Pick your fights wisely.
I fear you have been reading too much Sun Tzu

If they want a war let it start here. The last time those words were spoken it changed the world.

I have no other place to go, unless roaming the mountians where I have set up supplies in 12 camps, which form a circle in the event I happen to feel like camping again long term, and I don't.

If they want war let it start here. Freedom costs in red blood, and I won't mind spilling any of mine. It's just the way I have become. It isn't bravado, there is no soap box, just my line in the sand. I have been pushed to far too many times.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 05-22-2011 at 04:28 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 03:33 PM

123 posts, read 297,333 times
That is good looking garden soil, how you make them, Amazon sell Miracle Gro garden soil 1 cubic foot for $ 15.35 discount from $19.99. I have to learn to make my own soil, can not afford buying garden soil any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

I literally made this soil myself..... When I began there was just hard iron plate sand.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiinuk12 View Post
That is good looking garden soil, how you make them, Amazon sell Miracle Gro garden soil 1 cubic foot for $ 15.35 discount from $19.99. I have to learn to make my own soil, can not afford buying garden soil any more.

I gather up lawn clippings, Fall leaves, coffee grounds, anything we eat from the garden as waste like corn cobs, all the stems and stocks of every plant part we can't eat or use, and last cardboard. I till the ground, then lay out cardboard, and if i have any cardboard tubbing long parts come in or fluorescent lamps come in, I lay them down on the carboard to create air space.

Grass clippings or leaves go next, a layer of good filtered soil goes on top, and then cardboard sheet again, and so on.

When that breaks down for between 3 weeks and 6 months depending on the season, I fork it up with a Bob Cat.

Once I had access to Tuckerman's Breery, and I may again in the future. When I did I would haul all the 55 blue gallon barrels they had 3 at a time in a 1/2 ton pick up. They simply changed the way they deal with grains waste to my needing a much bigger truck. Each barrel weighed somewhere around 500 pounds.

I would mix that in the soil 1:1 in a separate compost pile with filtered soil.

Since I make the soil there is no rocks, unless I find soil around here doing something else, and pretty much there isn't any.

But the other day pushing over some pine tree saplings I discovered with larger rocks a a patch of soil outside the horse race track which this driveway was, and it went out of business in 1939.

At somepoint, perhaps building the now extinct fairgrounds/horse race track I can only assume any top soil was scraped up and carried away.

In any case all that was here when I began that garden was yellow and some red wicked hard packed sand, and a lot of rocks. See my thread in Gardens here on C-D I was looking for info on Moss.

Because of the fairground, which grew back up wrong and is a white pine barrens, there is a lot of moss, and I plan to use that moss is a place once done that should offer Peace. All the rocks there were from the garden. That area has been a 5 years so far on going project which should get finished this year.

Each year because I have more dead material in plant fodder I can make more soil. This past winter, well Fall really I created 2 compost piles. One was inside the garden area as 2 long mounds, the center filled with corn stocks and everything except tomatoe debris, some card board, and covered with garden soil. In that pile almost everything was composted to soil over the wime of winter. I placed earth worms there too.

I began with a dozen or so earth worms I found under logs in the woods.

I am at the point I could sell some for bait.
I use what nature offers me and am active about it. I get rid of a lot of cardboard this way too. I turn it right back into where it came from.

All round here people put out leaves in Fall and pay some guys to pick them up. We have a local dump that will take leaves in paper bags too. The dump composts these leaves to sell soil.

I gather grass clippings the same way, and bring the bob cat and a truck I can borrow. neither machine belong to me, but I service these and can use them nearly any time I want.

I am 'in' with the guy running the dump and he will give me bagged leaves too if I want. He isn't into making soil, or course a 6 pack helps close the deal .

Old 05-22-2011, 04:33 PM

outbacknv, I did say I was reasonable. If Fema were to just show up and talk that would end with me giving them 'Public Servant Questionaire" Public Law 93-597. If they were to crush that document up and throw it on the ground, why I'ld be forced to call the cops and have them Busted for littering.

If Fema makes claim to 'Being the LAW' I will make claim of being the King About that point in time I figure things will go south fast.

Since the murders of Easter 1999, there have not been 2 seconds I was un-armed. I shower with a stainless hand gun.

There is one thing I fear in life still left, and that is the words "I am here from the government, and here to help!"

Old 05-22-2011, 05:11 PM

123 posts, read 297,333 times
thanks Mac-Muz,

Old 05-22-2011, 05:22 PM

Mac does it........

Old 05-22-2011, 05:41 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
outbacknv, I did say I was reasonable. If Fema were to just show up and talk that would end with me giving them 'Public Servant Questionaire" Public Law 93-597. If they were to crush that document up and throw it on the ground, why I'ld be forced to call the cops and have them Busted for littering.

If Fema makes claim to 'Being the LAW' I will make claim of being the King About that point in time I figure things will go south fast.

Since the murders of Easter 1999, there have not been 2 seconds I was un-armed. I shower with a stainless hand gun.

There is one thing I fear in life still left, and that is the words "I am here from the government, and here to help!"
Whatever works for you Mac. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:57 PM

Google up what I said... and print yourself a copy.. 'Public Servant Questionaire" Public Law 93-597

No make that no less than 6 copies. Place yourself in controll.

The Govt by the CONS is here to serve the people and I am one of the people. It is me who has the controll not the Govt. Take your share, that's what the taking is.

If we choose to disagree then what will you do when the govt or an agent of the govt comes? Give them all you have and then what?

We are in a deep mess and all the Govt can think is to raise bdammed taxes and that income tax was never ever even ratified. The IRS has no grounds what so ever. I buy, well I pay into that, I pay every other tax, but I am getting sick of it, and my means are megar at best.

I can't afford a runaway Govt for which I get almost nothing. This govt spends as if they were Bevery Hills house wives!

And then they can just come to a home/farm and take what they want? Hell that's what criminals do.

I have my line. If the 'Public Servant Questionaire" Public Law 93-597 doesn't stop them nothing else will except the fear of death itself. I know all about that fear, and trust me no one wants to be first.

You google that form on the pdf and print many.... Lets see if that don't get you grinnin'.

If it doesn't then answer the questions in a dm to me. LOL

On edit: Further more I will have plenty of warning. My little patch only is known and proven to feed 3 for a year, harvest to harvest as planned. I won't be in the first million farms raided.

Please note the Govt has been and still is buying up de-hyrated foods, trail mix and everyting else, and it shows me what's up. While I don't know what last straw will break the camels back I know that last straw is nearing.

Not FEMA or anyone else is coming to take here ever.

Also I am curious as to what you might think a vast force would be made of, since under the CONS the military can not be used against the people. They can not demand housing or support of the people.

What you are telling me to worry about it illegal, and if the Govt commits illegal acts against trhe people i have every ri9ght to fight the Govt back, and take it if i can.

See the Declaration of Independance.

If it is some FEMA fat office clerks and a few of their fat body guards then I have 0 problem. The last fed I ran across here was a IRS agent and he drove a M Benz. That didn't set very well with me. Just drove in as if he owned the place, and was sent down the road with the stern message ringing in his ears to call and make an appointment just like everyone else.

I have set 2 different cops packing off here too. They don't seem to like me much when I am holding the 12 ga before they even get a chance to speak.

One of the times it was the wrong house, and the other I just came home from hunting birds. That time they wanted to know if I owned a certain dog.

With Fema I don't have to hurt anyone, I just have to threaten the leader and the rest will fall in and salute me. The leader gets that paper, and a stern warning to make a an appointment just like everyone else.

It will be Fema who decides if things get violent not me.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 05-22-2011 at 06:16 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 06:29 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
With that thinking there will be no eggs in your basket.

Who says I walk around with a chip on my shoulder anyway?

THat is why you have several baskets.

Better one empty (That you can refill in the dark) than to have your one basket empty and broken.

As to the Chip.... it's obvious and you admit to it ("Abrasive" etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness