Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:41 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Well, it would help get rid of the Mormons.

(Just kidding! Jeeez, you people are so serious).

The govt WANTS you to be prepped. That way you're not so likely to join in food riots and mass pandemonium if everyone is starving.

Anti-hoarding laws are enacted AFTER a disaster, so that a few people won't buy up all essentials and stash them, to be sold at exorbitant rates later. They don't affect things you've already stocked up on.

the feds also enact those laws as well. they can up and make a law saying that anyone having more than 2 weeks of food and supplies is considered a hoarder. that would end up going the wrong way for the feds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 08:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Well, it would help get rid of the Mormons.

(Just kidding! Jeeez, you people are so serious).

The govt WANTS you to be prepped. That way you're not so likely to join in food riots and mass pandemonium if everyone is starving.

Anti-hoarding laws are enacted AFTER a disaster, so that a few people won't buy up all essentials and stash them, to be sold at exorbitant rates later. They don't affect things you've already stocked up on.
That way you pay less attention to the burning of the Constitution and will be more likely to let those "rights" slip from your hands in the name of being free...LOL

The tail is waggin' and we just sit around and mesmerized by its rhythm.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:27 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,603,907 times
"Hoarding" was illegal in Britain during WW2. I'm not sure when "Stockpiling" becomes hoarding, I cant see anyone going door to door especially post SHTF to inquire how much stuff you've got.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:57 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
not for a prepper, because there nothing illegal about being prepared, but would i rat for money, hell ya. If i don't somebody else would.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
"Hoarding" was illegal in Britain during WW2. I'm not sure when "Stockpiling" becomes hoarding, I cant see anyone going door to door especially post SHTF to inquire how much stuff you've got.

I could see the feds, state, county or local cops going door to door to confiscate anything they consider too much for 1 home, and doing it for the local politicians or in the feds case, for the "people".

I would poison my foodstuffs if it came down to that, before handing it over to some leo or politician.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I could see the feds, state, county or local cops going door to door to confiscate anything they consider too much for 1 home, and doing it for the local politicians or in the feds case, for the "people".

I would poison my foodstuffs if it came down to that, before handing it over to some leo or politician.
post SHTF they wont have the manpower, especially in the UK where everything is run by budget cuts, outside of the big cities we will be on our own, we know that, we have always known that. TPTB wont waste time going door to door but will ration what we can buy by simply taking over the supermarkets.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
post SHTF they wont have the manpower, especially in the UK where everything is run by budget cuts, outside of the big cities we will be on our own, we know that, we have always known that. TPTB wont waste time going door to door but will ration what we can buy by simply taking over the supermarkets.

living out in the boonies such as I do, I have always known that if TS does HTF, that I and the people I will be living with will be all on our own, with nobody from LEO to help if needed. but that will not stop both lowlifes and possible future government types from coming to the door and asking or trying to steal what we have. I am just a bit more prepared than most of the sheep in the USA.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:09 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,275,428 times
I found out during Katrina that home canned foods were not considered safe and would never be confiscated.

After Katrina, we never faced a shortage so severe that the government considered confiscating supplies but I was curious so I asked.

I was told that the government would not take anything 'handmade'.

I would not worry about someone telling a government official about my stocks for money - but I would worry that someone would do it for gas, medicine, etc.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:51 AM

as for "ratting" be careful of who you inform on, it might come back to bite you on the arse!! "Grasses" as they are known here have sometimes come to a sticky end!!

Last edited by bigpaul; 02-20-2015 at 03:59 AM..

Old 02-20-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
I found out during Katrina that home canned foods were not considered safe and would never be confiscated.

After Katrina, we never faced a shortage so severe that the government considered confiscating supplies but I was curious so I asked.

I was told that the government would not take anything 'handmade'.

I would not worry about someone telling a government official about my stocks for money - but I would worry that someone would do it for gas, medicine, etc.

when handmade is all that is left, the government will steal handmade just as easily as they would steal canned supplies.

as far as ratting people out goes, i shall never do it. but also be careful who you rat out, as the next person who might be ratted out is you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness