Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 01:00 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times

Advertisements

I can feel it coming in the air tonight ...hold on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 03:30 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,523 times
Ah, well, nothing like blasting a mag into an alien for going out with a bang. Whether it affects them in the least, I still wanna say " Say hello to my leetle friend!" at the top of my lungs and give one a full magazine!

Ah heck, who am I kidding? All we have to do is sneeze at them, and they will die en masse due to lack of immunity....

And Happy? Take those damn pills and go get dinner in town. It's been too long, man!

Old 10-24-2015, 03:34 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,646 times
I for one welcome our new alien overlords.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:34 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
If aliens reached our planet it would mean they are light years ahead in technology with relation to travel. Other than what is depicted in movies, until that day comes no one knows what their purpose would be, nor if they have any ability to fight.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:35 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
If aliens reached our planet it would mean they are light years ahead in technology with relation to travel.
You can't say for sure. They might be the dumbasses kicked off their own planet.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:50 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If Aliens were to show up on our door step your survival plan should be to crack a beer and kiss your ass goodbye. The technology they would have would be 100's of thousands if not millions of years ahead of us. The technology we have acquired would be no more of threat than some caveman throwing rocks. To quote the one physicist "It would be like Godzilla vs. the Easter Bunny".

But, but, but..... the Easter Bunny believes in Jesus!!!

Interplanetary war

This is like the weird side of You Tube.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
I believe that the Roswell NM incident was real, but I also feel that much was learned from the craft, the technology, and even the dead pilots, which has been incorporated into our own military and space programs. In short, overwhelmingly what we see in the skies today was built by Boeing and Lockheed Martin.

Are you suggesting that we take up arms against our own government? Because that is called something else entirely - and that is who is up there, flying around in that expensive craft. I also do not believe that we will see citizen disarmament in our lifetimes. Upcoming generations will be more amenable to the idea. Why fight the tide? Even the government has to choose its battles.
No, I am not suggesting that. People have been imprisoned or executed without trial for even predicting it. Twenty years ago it would have caused a person no problem, but this is not twenty years ago.

Some of the movements by saucers would be fatal to a human pilot. Additionally, if the technology is so advanced how would humans be almost immediately be able to replicate it. How long would it take the greatest scientists and inventors of the Age of Reason to develop anything from a modern automobile dropped into their midst? How long to even understand what a computer is? I don't mean a modern computer but one from 1940 using vacuum tubes and housed in a large building.

Leonardo DaVinci conceptualized the wheellock mechanism for firearms and sketched something close to what became the wheellock a few years later, but we know that these drawings did not not describe the actual device because the drawings were incorrect in several respects. It's been suggested that DaVinci could have been a time traveler, a well-read and very intelligent time traveler but not a scientist or engineer because he could conceptualize but not engineer. It has been suggested as well that he was an alien, but his art alone is full proof that his aesthetic sense is a product of Western culture.

If aliens have approached the American rulers, would they be likely to supply them with advanced weaponry any more than the Americans supply collaborators in Afghanistan? The Americans reserve advanced weaponry for themselves in their so far unsuccessful campaign to defeat the freedom fighters. Why would we expect aliens to be irrational?

Aliens may have simply announced their plans to the rulers just as Americans announce their plans to less advanced countries. Neither group would be concerned with impotent objections.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:58 PM

197 posts, read 279,550 times
People get the Galactic Empire they deserve.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:36 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
And some of you get on my case when I point out the huge number of tin foil hat loonies claiming to be preppers and survivalist!

Old 10-24-2015, 08:24 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,050,126 times
No and I can honestly say it has never even crossed my mind. Interplanetary war? Hmmm. Like some unknown alien enemy, from the great beyond, would want to occupy our planet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness