Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 07:30 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,209,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
If I knew ahead I would just get in my plane a few minutes before, having first stashed all my prepper supplies on Mt. Everest. Then I would take off and fly around until the shaking stopped. Then land on the newly created tropical beaches of Antartica, recover my preps out of the new Everest valley, and live happily ever after with my spouse and cat and concentrate on repopulating the world.
Now that is what I am talkin' 'bout ... can you hook me up with a few ounces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 03:13 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,789,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
If the world was ending (for sure) in 2 to 3 days... what would you do? Do you have a bunker? Would you max out your credit cards? What would you do? Lets say the Earth is about to split in 2, with a hugh shake that will make all the oceans and people just die from being flung, or drowned. What would you buy as a last goodbye? Would you wait for it to happen, or do you have other plans?
If the world was ending, it don't matter what you do. Suicide, or wait, no matter...

Old 12-26-2020, 07:25 AM

355 posts, read 226,082 times
I'd be having fun watching the chaos in the streets.

Old 12-26-2020, 11:54 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
You should read the book or watch the Gregory Peck movie, "On The Beach." It deals with people waiting for the end of the world after "the Bomb."

Harry Chickpea - apparently, commas matter.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:01 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Some serious prayer that it won't happen. Divine intervention.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:15 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadyclem View Post
Why would you wait till the world is about to end before you would think of getting married to one of your female friends? If you like someone and you're interested in being with such someone, let the person know and if the feeling is mutual both of you shouldn't deprive yourselves of the joy of being together and lavishing each other with love. Don't wait until the world is about to end before you would want to live life, start living it right now so that you won't end up regretting the life you lived.
because i am just not ready to get married now.

Old 12-26-2020, 02:30 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,847,363 times
I'd go to Disneyland.

oh, wait...

Otherwise, just go to the beach and watch the melee ensue.

I mean, the earth is going to "split into 2" so there's a zero chance to survive.

Or, maybe talk Elon into a quick flight just before the split, then chase after 1 of the pieces. (Altho, that might be tough, as our trajectory would change.)

Just FYI, the Earth is cruising around our sun at a cool 67,739mph (currently.) Almost 19 miles per second.

And if you think that's fast, look up how fast our whole solar system is cruising around the universe. (We are hauling the mail.)

Old 12-26-2020, 03:10 PM

127 posts, read 43,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I wouldn't want to know it. Ignorance is bliss!
There's no bliss in ignorance. In fact, ignorance is destructive!

Old 12-26-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
You know I don't believe in God? How would you possibly know that? Are you maybe confusing me with another poster? I LOVE God. And I'm also a Christian.
Oh, I apologise. So many people in here are claiming to be atheist, so I just assumed you would be one of them.

Old 12-26-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Maybe he can't. People do have extenuating circumstances. Not everybody is rich and healthy, like some posters here seem to think the world spins.
You don't need to be rich in order to get love. If the person could be his friend, they could as well be lovers; though that will depend on what they think of each other and how they feel about each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness