Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You don't like being asked for certain information at a B&M store, where you can decline to give it to them, so you're going to protest by shopping online, where you HAVE to give that information...

When I read the post, I thought the same thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 07:49 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
*sigh* I swear some people come on these forums just to be nasty to other people. Whatever.
The point I am making is getting annoying questions at a store when I am PAYING CASH!
I fully expect to give information when I am in the comfort of my own home using a credit card, and that isn't as intrusive.
Anyway. I hope the moderator will close this now.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Right there! Shouldn't the polite thing to do is to have them move to the side and fill out the application and then serve the rest of the line and when they are done, come back in line?
You'd think they'd do that but no.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:03 PM

415 posts, read 1,779,582 times
It's convenient to the extreme to do your shopping online: especially if you are willing to wait a few days for the item.

Having said that, it's also healthy to get out of the house, to do your shopping or just get some fresh air.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:17 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1 View Post
It's convenient to the extreme to do your shopping online: especially if you are willing to wait a few days for the item.

Having said that, it's also healthy to get out of the house, to do your shopping or just get some fresh air.
Very true!
Sometimes someone needs to actually touch and see the items in person. I can't do clothes online, I need to try them on and what not. Shoes are ok though.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
*sigh* I swear some people come on these forums just to be nasty to other people. Whatever.
The point I am making is getting annoying questions at a store when I am PAYING CASH!
I fully expect to give information when I am in the comfort of my own home using a credit card, and that isn't as intrusive.
Anyway. I hope the moderator will close this now.
I don't see any difference in giving out the information when paying cash in person on online using a card...

Learn to just say "No Thank You"

If they are just asking for a zip code I will give it... and nothing more.. I too pay in cash...

And most important of all...If you don't like the answers you get on a forum, don't ask!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:17 PM

358 posts, read 999,728 times
I don't have a problem with these questions at check-out; I just say "no". I have a problem with the "better" department stores where merchandise is so jammed up, one can hardly look through it; dressing rooms are so hot, one perspires trying on clothes and are so dirty, one hesitates going into them. The last time I went shopping at our local mall, I could not even hang the things I wanted to try on b/c the hooks were occupied by a previous shopper's discards and clothes were piled high on the floor. Finding a salesperson to help is a thing of the past! And THAT'S my pet peeve!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:35 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inave View Post
The last time I went shopping at our local mall, I could not even hang the things I wanted to try on b/c the hooks were occupied by a previous shopper's discards and clothes were piled high on the floor.
Some stores have a empty rack outside the dressing room so people can place their items that they've tried on but are not purchasing. Sometimes it's already full so I try to hang it somewhere in there.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:30 PM

15 posts, read 38,867 times
I totally understand how you feel. In regards to the credit card, the retail store I work out requires us to ask, and we get yelled at if the manager hears us cash someone out without asking about the card.(I do all the time if noone is around) It also determines the number of hours we get. Luckily I got a better job and am leaving as I don't get many hours due to not getting cards. We are told to get 3 nos before we quit asking.....I don't. I stop at one as I hate the fact every store does this, and understand people don't want credit cards.
I understand how you feel. I hate asking about it as much as you hate getting asked.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISgirl82 View Post
I totally understand how you feel. In regards to the credit card, the retail store I work out requires us to ask, and we get yelled at if the manager hears us cash someone out without asking about the card.(I do all the time if noone is around) It also determines the number of hours we get. Luckily I got a better job and am leaving as I don't get many hours due to not getting cards. We are told to get 3 nos before we quit asking.....I don't. I stop at one as I hate the fact every store does this, and understand people don't want credit cards.
I understand how you feel. I hate asking about it as much as you hate getting asked.
I understand cashiers are being required to ask. What would be nice is if someone accepts the offer, they stand aside to complete the application while the people behind them are checked out. We shouldn't have to wait for that.

When I'm asked about a store card I always politely say "no thank you" but I will get a bit less polite if they try and push it. No means no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products