Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 09:56 PM

500 posts, read 571,996 times

Advertisements

I spend a lot of time sitting because I work at a computer. I try to get up and walk around when I can but I still end up sitting for hours at a time. I've had some issues with my legs because of this... like numbness and pain.

Anyway, I'm wondering what chairs others have used and like. I don't like those aeron chairs. And I also don't like chairs that have 'bolsters' or those sides that come up against your thighs. I think that caused some of the pain in my leg. I prefer flatter surfaced chairs. I'm also on the slimmer side, so if you're thin and have a chair you really liked, let me know. If you have a link too, that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
You really have to spend the time searching, looking, and sitting to find one that works. I spent a couple years after going through a couple chairs that I thought would be good. What I discovered is - the more adjustments, the better. If you get one that is solidly built, with a lot of adjustments and few frills, you stand a chance of being comfortable. Visit the office supply stores a few times over a period of a few weeks, trying chairs. Don't buy until you have repeatedly come back to the same chair as comfortable.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:04 PM

500 posts, read 571,996 times
Thanks... I'll have to go spend a couple weekends at Ikea to try out chairs.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:03 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
I use high-back executive chairs. The L shape with the extra cushion seems to help with long stretches of sitting. Also the $300ish ones have more control on height and feel more sturdy. Go over to Staples and try them out (I'd recommend the ones that I use, but they've dropped the chairs that had 15yr warranties)

Old 07-30-2012, 04:11 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times
I dont have any medical issues so im able to use a lot of various chairs. Heck, at one point i used a folding chair that came with a card table.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:26 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlines
I spend a lot of time sitting because I work at a computer. I try to get up and walk around when I can but I still end up sitting for hours at a time. I've had some issues with my legs because of this... like numbness and pain.
I found a good chair @ salvation army....... Its made out of WOOD and is quite nice! (I had a smaller version of this chair before but my mom wanted it back in the kitchen one day so I ended up finding a BIGGER version a few days later)

I actually have 2 chairs in here...... One is the same size as the ones in the kitchen and then I have my bigger one (Both I got at salvation army)

Old 12-15-2014, 10:42 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Very hard to find a chair with perfect lumbar support--perfect in shape, position and firmness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products