Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 07:18 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times

Advertisements

I'm finding I do more and more shopping online, for just about everything, except groceries, household stuff. I'm a rather odd size, which I can't usually find in stores. Once I know what size fits in shoes, undea garments, socks, pants, blouses, I just find it easier to wait for it to go on sale, online, find a code for free shipping, and just order. Same with makeup and hair products. Once I find the color/type I want, just order when they have their bonus sales.

So, do you do more shopping online noeadays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Yes, I am doing more on line shopping.

It is so much more convenient than driving all over the place, going from store to store to store to find what I am looking for.....only to come home empty handed.

I can also get all of the information I need about a product, unlike asking a store employee who knows next to nothing or is less than honest.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:49 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,580 times
Online for my clothes and shoes. I'll go to the store to get my teen's stuff because I'm never sure of his size.
I'll go to a store for groceries and personal items, and things that I'd rather see before I buy, such as furniture, although I have bought some smaller pieces online. I buy my skincare products online - one place doesn't have storefronts in the US and the other does but the drive is far.
I stay away from malls especially around the holidays. The only instance I'd go to a mall is if I know what I want, what store or stores I want to check and if I need it immediately. For instance, I needed a jacket for a job interview, I went right to Ann Taylor and found it. This was 4 months ago and I think I do that about twice a year.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
until they start charging sales taxes, I shop at amazon more often than not.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 AM

87 posts, read 134,614 times
Now a days, its like I am a fan of online shopping but very less in-case of electronics and jewelry..

Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
I'm disabled from a stroke and furnished my house totally -- every single thing, from furniture to picture frames -- from online stores. I use certain online fashion stores for my clothing and shoes -- but nowadays I used Amazon almost exclusively for everything else, from dog food to laundry soap to garbage bags. I even bought my 52" TV's and my computer from Amazon.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,303 times
Food and clearance items in store. What I find myself buying online is stuff nobody sells in stores anymore, mostly media and specialty items.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 AM

96 posts, read 171,949 times
I also find myself shopping a lot more online than not. The deals seem to be better and once I know the stores I like and the size I am, I can order exclusively online. I also only like to order items I can return in-store, so I don't have to pay for return shipping if something doesn't fit.

I have a 2-year-old and it is NOT fun shopping with him in tow! I do a lot of shopping for everything (non-clothing or grocery) on Amazon. Grocery shopping, we have to go to the store for that, but otherwise, I buy it online when I can and if it's cheaper.

I also signed up with ebates so I get a check every few months for a percentage of what I bought online. I like it!

Old 05-04-2013, 08:22 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,515,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I'm finding I do more and more shopping online, for just about everything, except groceries, household stuff. I'm a rather odd size, which I can't usually find in stores. Once I know what size fits in shoes, undea garments, socks, pants, blouses, I just find it easier to wait for it to go on sale, online, find a code for free shipping, and just order. Same with makeup and hair products. Once I find the color/type I want, just order when they have their bonus sales.

So, do you do more shopping online noeadays?
Quite often, I find I have to shop on-line to get some of the pet care products I need, and to buy the correct slacks for a family member (it seems that the department store never has his waist and pants length, just every other length!) and I am finding it very helpful to shop on-line. I have ordered shoes to match a brand and style I already have because it is cheaper on-line, etc.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:18 AM

5 posts, read 12,488 times
I prefer online shopping

so convenient and time saving.
And customer service it the most important, when I am deciding which store to order or neglect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products