Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 12:32 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times

Advertisements

Has anyone bought one of these or know anyone who did? I did.

I haven't had a kitchen stove for almost five years and haven't really missed it. I DO have a lot of small appliances to make up for it. I saw this thing on TV, of course, and thought it looked interesting. I mulled it over for a long time and then, at work, I saw one. Thought about it for a few more days and finally went ahead and bought it. Got it home and unpacked and read all the paperwork. Guess what. I couldn't use my own pots and pans with it! If a magnet sticks to it, I could, but most of my stuff is copper bottom aluminum. Also, the actual heating area isn't all that big so you can't really use large pans on it and it doesn't "boil water in 90 seconds" either. lol

So, it comes down to I would have to buy the pots and pans from the company to make good use of it. I can't afford it. Then Mom and I discussed the TV BOGO offer and I thought about that. In the meantime I went to Amazon and read a boatload of reviews on it. Found out that BOGO costs $30 for the second cook top plus the S&H (for two sets of pots and pans) which comes to about $200. So $230 plus $100 for the first cooktop and I said "Oh heck no!". I could buy a pretty nice kitchen stove for that.

I took the cook top back after two days and got a full refund. I also bought a food saver and I will NOT be taking that back!

I guess this is my "review"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products