Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2007, 08:12 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times

Advertisements

I've always heard that to get the best deals you should buy certain things at different times of the year. I need to but new appliances for the kitchen, does anyone know when the best time to buy them? I would guess Jan. or Feb. but I'm not sure. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 08:56 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,214,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I've always heard that to get the best deals you should buy certain things at different times of the year. I need to but new appliances for the kitchen, does anyone know when the best time to buy them? I would guess Jan. or Feb. but I'm not sure. Thanks.
While many times stores will have "holiday sales" on home appliances before Christmas, your guess is pretty accurate. Mid-late January, early-mid February would probably be the best time to find great stuff at a good discount.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 AM

250 posts, read 937,381 times
I think a lot of stores run big promos around the hollerdays on applicances - like President's Day, as an example. You may also luck out when they're trying to clear out some old models, too.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:35 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
If you poke around in Lowe's or Home Depot they often have brand new appliances that have small dings or scratches. They will sell these at pretty good discounts. Last one I bought was a $700 dishwasher for $450 because it had a nick in the paint on the toe kick.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:35 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Just about anything you want to buy or need to buy is going to be less money today then in the months to come. With prices of energy (gas etc.) going up month to month the extra costs are passed onto the consumer when we buy things.

Many of the items I bought this last month or two I could have gotten cheaper earlier this year.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:17 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Thanks everyone!

Evey, someone else told me that also. I'll have to check it out.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Furniture about same time as appliances.
Outdoor furniture, grills, Lawn Mowers, above ground pools right after Labor day
School season is a good time to observe what the stores are trying to push in electronics this is a good indicator what also will be hot for Christmas. You might catch some after Labor Day sales.
October is a good time to catch very low clearance prices on Summer clothing.
February is a good time to catch Winter clothing clearance sales.
These two months tend to be very slow in clothing sales due to most people already have what they need for the season and stores need to clear the shelves to make room for the next season.
I have found great deals on Denim in early July. Stores want to push their old denim inventory out the door to make room for BTS.
Automobiles I am not sure about maybe before end of the year for that current year model since I notice alot of car dealer commercials this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products