Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 01:37 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times

Advertisements

I just used them for the first time last Friday. I'm not sure why I used them over Amazon, I guess because they said they would price match Amazon as a one time black Friday courtesy and they have a longer return period. I'm starting to regret it...

This is a very weird company to say the least. I'm trying to handle some business with them and they are over there asking what my favorite coffee is and what their favorite sports team is. Wth? Might as well start talking about dinosaurs. Lol

First, they send me the wrong size shoe. Okay, the box was mislabeled, no problem, not their fault. Then they couldn't send me the return label as an attachment even after telling me they could, but instead as a link, so I couldn't print the label from work. Okay, IT limitation, aggravating, but okay. Now? Now they send me an email saying they are sending and have processed an exchange for me even though I requested a refund. The best part? They tell me to ship the old shoes back within 14 days or I will get charged the full price even though I emailed them the tracking number and the package was delivered this morning.

I'm hoping this was a bunch of random glitches, but it sounds like they have a bunch of, let's call them"quirky", people running the show and have poor reading comprehension. At the very least the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Is this the typical experience or was this more of a Black Friday/cyber Monday glitch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 03:07 PM

943 posts, read 1,320,876 times
It's funny that they said they would price-match Amazon. They are owned by Amazon.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
It's funny that they said they would price-match Amazon. They are owned by Amazon.
Yeah, I found that out after they said they don't price match anyone. I think part of the reason they did price match is because they were only matching a parent company and not an unrelated competitor.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:53 PM

777 posts, read 1,872,146 times
I'm surprised to read the OP's issues with Zappos. It is my favorite online merchant and I've ordered shoes from them for years and never once had a problem. At one time, Zappos matched competitor prices. It is a shame they stopped this practice.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
I'm surprised to read the OP's issues with Zappos. It is my favorite online merchant and I've ordered shoes from them for years and never once had a problem. At one time, Zappos matched competitor prices. It is a shame they stopped this practice.
So this isn't a common experience and probably just due to holiday shopping? I don't blame them for the shoes because nobody would think to check the size on the tag, but everything else just has me scratching my head.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:14 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,156 times
I've used them with no problem. They shipped the same day my order was received.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:11 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,939,201 times
I am also a repeat customer with Zappos. I have odd feet so I appreciate the free shipping and free returns. I am not under the impression that there's a free lunch, so I know their shoes are a bit more expensive, but I feel they are a good source. I order shoes one day, and the next day they are at my door. I like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products