Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2016, 08:22 AM

938 posts, read 1,229,141 times

Advertisements

On Friday I had gone to Len....fters to have my glasses repaired. I had earlier in the week arranged for
an appointment to get new glasses later in the month. While sledding with the grandkids I caused them to fall apart. I gathered the parts and went to Len....fters asking if they might be able to do a temporary fix. I sat in the office and for some reason maybe by nature I started calculating the possible cost of repair. It took about an hour. I did a pretty good job on them. The Manager came to me with glasses in hand. I was afraid to ask how much. In my mind I was hovering at the $30 - $40 mark. I asked how much. He said: "Nothing". I neither got the prescription; nor got the lenses; nor got the frames at this company and he said "Nothing". Except "We generally ask for a small donation for 'kids without glasses'. Gladly I contributed $20. and somehow I left the store feeling that wasn't quite enough. Crazy huh! I just had to publish this because when a company and management show they care they should be applauded and a Manager who executes in the fashion he had should be recognized. Good Job and Thank You.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 01-31-2016 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: No tag line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products