Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 10:21 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times

Advertisements

text message letting that my packages have arrived Especially since it was ordered Sunday night which was only 2 days. I was glad to receive that text because I had no plans to go out today and my packages would have been in my apt lobby all night without me knowing.

I was wondering do Amazon sent text messages too when delivering packages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 04:31 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
text message letting that my packages have arrived Especially since it was ordered Sunday night which was only 2 days. I was glad to receive that text because I had no plans to go out today and my packages would have been in my apt lobby all night without me knowing.

Sounds like it was a bit slow. You would have probably gotten it in one day, if you had ordered it on Monday. I have ordered stuff on eBay on Sunday and they delivered it on Monday, and the original delivery estimate was seven days.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:21 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
I get a notification through the Amazon app.

If it is being delivered by USPS, you can put in your tracking number on their website, and opt in to text updates. I get email notification from UPS, but I'm sure you could also get text updates from them and FedEx.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:11 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:

Yes, Amazon notifies me when an item ships, is out for delivery, and has been delivered. There was even something new last week--a picture of the package on our step lol.

I love Amazon's notifications, which aren't texts, but which appear in the phone's notification shade (I always order by phone). I'm alerted by a shopping cart icon. They use it to update order info, too. For example, they recently sent an estimated delivery date for an item I pre-ordered two weeks ago.

Notifications are very helpful for the reasons you mentioned.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:13 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:

Yes--even the Post Office sends texts now. Almost anyone that delivers will send notifications--sometimes, such as UPS, on request. Most retailers give excellent online service these days--they know they are competing with Amazon.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yes, Amazon notifies me when an item ships, is out for delivery, and has been delivered. There was even something new last week--a picture of the package on our step lol.

I love Amazon's notifications, which aren't texts, but which appear in the phone's notification shade (I always order by phone). I'm alerted by a shopping cart icon. They use it to update order info, too. For example, they recently sent an estimated delivery date for an item I pre-ordered two weeks ago.

Notifications are very helpful for the reasons you mentioned.
That is Amazon Logistics that takes those pictures. They have been doing that for sometime. If you are just now seeing it, it's probably because Amazon Logistics is now delivering your items.

But I bet that will become standard for all delivery services in the near future. It's a good way for them to prove that they delivered it. If it wasn't there when you got home, then that is your problem. They will show you a picture that they delivered it.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:50 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I also like how Amazon has tracking on the delivery vehicle.

USPS shows up sometime between noon and 6pm. I like to be home if I'm expecting something important that I dont want sitting out. With Amazon, not only am I told that my package is out for delivery, I also have a rough estimate of when it's going to arrive. The driver is 3 streets over, with 5 deliveries beofre mine? I'll wait for it and go run errands after it is dropped off.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I also like how Amazon has tracking on the delivery vehicle.

USPS shows up sometime between noon and 6pm. I like to be home if I'm expecting something important that I dont want sitting out. With Amazon, not only am I told that my package is out for delivery, I also have a rough estimate of when it's going to arrive. The driver is 3 streets over, with 5 deliveries beofre mine? I'll wait for it and go run errands after it is dropped off.
Maybe I'm lucky but my post office gives me a two hour window, and they used to come almost exactly in the middle of that window. Lately they have been coming at the end, but still always get it to me on time.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:35 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
It really depends on where it ships from and what service is used. Macy's normally ships orders under 10 pounds via UPS SurePost (or UPS Mail Innovations if the order is under 1 pound), which are shipped via UPS to your local Post Office and delivered by the USPS, and sometimes these services can be slow if shipped longer distances since they are not guaranteed.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:12 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
It really depends on where it ships from and what service is used. Macy's normally ships orders under 10 pounds via UPS SurePost (or UPS Mail Innovations if the order is under 1 pound), which are shipped via UPS to your local Post Office and delivered by the USPS, and sometimes these services can be slow if shipped longer distances since they are not guaranteed.
I honestly believe it only came that fast because it was something that someone paid for not me. Now if i had used my money and was really wanted something it would have never arrived 2 days lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products