Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 03:16 PM

829 posts, read 631,265 times

Advertisements

The last time I saw TP was in early March. I had a feeling this might happen and we went to Wegmans when in Baltimore and the ONLY TP in the store were 3 packs of 30 rolls. I took 1 and left the other two. I'll confess that I've had moments that I wondered if I should have bought 2 because I haven't seen a roll here in my area of DE since then. A friend has called it "Gold On A Roll". I was raised by a child of the Depression who always made sure the house was well stocked, a custom I've continued. I knew my younger sister loved me when I told her I hadn't seen TP in about 6 weeks and she offered to ship me some - and yes, I declined, with appreciation for the offer.

We lucked out with Paper Towels about a month ago, when we went into Home Depot and they had a lot of paper towels at the front of the store, so we were able to get a 12 pack.

Oh, how we took grocery stores with stocked shelves for granted!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 03:22 PM

603 posts, read 446,318 times
Today at Costco. Also was able to buy paper towels which I badly needed.

Old 04-16-2020, 03:28 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,094,534 times
I got some delivered this week. I didn't need to go out to get it, I ordered it from Staples. It's not the AngelSoft I prefer, but I didn't have to go anywhere to get it.

Old 04-16-2020, 04:09 PM

19,561 posts, read 9,570,260 times
Today. Walmart had a 4 pack double-ply generic for under a dollar

Old 04-16-2020, 04:19 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,275,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
You live alone and don't need much but are using up a little over a roll a day?
No- when I bought the 30-roll pack I had some rolls left at home. Not sure how many there were but I'm out of that original supply and about to break into the pack I bought on 3/20.

Old 04-16-2020, 04:37 PM

487 posts, read 655,456 times
Tuesday 4/14 @ Big Lots. I went in because I had a 20% off coupon for my entire purchase. No TP visible, but I picked up 3 big containers of Temptations cat treats (I have 8 cats) and after I checked out and used my coupon, the clerk asked if I found everything. I said no, I needed TP, and he grabbed a 6-roll package of their brand out of a box behind him on the floor. They're keeping it stashed at the checkouts, I guess to cut out the people buying the last 4 big packs (like I really believe your explanation).

The clerk stocking the shelves at Walmart today told me the same people are lined up every morning snatching it up before they can get it off the pallet. They're letting the seniors in early and it's all gone before the rest of the customers even get a chance at it. I'm a senior, but I don't get up that early for anything. Did it too many years when I had to.

BTW, there were still lots of Temptations treats left, I didn't hog them all up even though the kitties would have eventually scarfed them down.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:35 PM

829 posts, read 631,265 times
Wondering if the rest of you have modified your use of paper products, knowing how difficult it's been to get? I don't want to get to the point of not being able "to spare a square" - of any type of product - be it TP, paper towels, Kleenex, etc. I now realize that even though I try to be practical and even thrifty in many ways, I probably squandered it.

Growing up, our family bought only one type of paper product - toilet paper. My father didn't consider paper towels necessary when we had tea towels and dish cloths, Kleenex when we could use TP, and while we did have napkins, we didn't use them except for "special". I'm in my 60's, so I grew up mostly in the 60's and early 70's. Now on the other hand, we had a color TV soon after they hit the stores, as well as a dishwasher in the late 60's, both of which made us the objects of envy. LOL

Old 04-16-2020, 06:06 PM

4,545 posts, read 12,417,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
It was mid March over here. Target had just restocked and I got the last four big packs. Added that to what we already had at the time.
Good thing you managed to get all 4 packs before the Hoarders got there!

Old 04-16-2020, 06:55 PM

22,871 posts, read 6,447,572 times
Went Monday to Walmart....they had some Charmin, Scott, Angel Soft and a lot of their own brand Great Value. I picked up 2 of the Charmin, my regular brand. The aisle was almost empty.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:30 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,644,855 times
Mid-March on Amazon. Luckily we still have plenty but I haven't seen any in stock on Amazon since then, except on Fresh. And Fresh doesn't let me check out because there are never any delivery slots available. So what's the point?

No paper goods at the Stop and Shop close to us. We do not have Costco membership. We haven't checked any other stores but I found paper towels at the gas station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products