Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 04:53 AM

2,706 posts, read 2,208,930 times

Advertisements

My wife wants and air fryer and we need a new toaster oven. Being our counterspace is limited a combo would be the best for us. We thought we found a good one at Sam'sClub (PowerXL), but the bad reviews about it smoking too much pushed us away. Several of them sound nice, but they are extremely small on the inside. I wish they would show how big they are inside. We use our current toaster oven for reheating frozen or refrigerated food (biscuits, chicken tenders, fish, pizza) more that we use it for just toast. Being it is just two of us this is easier than using the oven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 11:30 PM

20,627 posts, read 4,409,428 times
I was in your situation a while back. My convection oven & air fryer needed to be replaced. I searched all over for a replacements, even combo units. But my family preferred having two separate appliances. So I went with these:

I bought both in store.

Convection/Toaster Oven:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-...erie/120169727

Air Fryer: The 7-QT version of this:
https://www.samsclub.com/p/power-xl-...=plp_product_2

So far both have been very reliable. For a size visual for you the Air Fryer can easily hold a 6lb whole chicken. While the Convection Oven can do a 6lb rotisserie or 10lb roasted whole chicken.

If you are set on a combo unit, these are some of the top rated models:

Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer
Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer
Cosori 12-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven

Old 04-21-2021, 04:18 AM

2,706 posts, read 2,208,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
I was in your situation a while back. My convection oven & air fryer needed to be replaced. I searched all over for a replacements, even combo units. But my family preferred having two separate appliances. So I went with these:

I bought both in store.

Convection/Toaster Oven:

So far both have been very reliable. For a size visual for you the Air Fryer can easily hold a 6lb whole chicken. While the Convection Oven can do a 6lb rotisserie or 10lb roasted whole chicken.

I think we will go with the Cosori 12-in-2 air fryer smart toaster oven https://www.amazon.com/COSORI-Convec...st_sto_dp&th=1.

Thanks for pointing out that brand.

Last edited by reubenray; 04-21-2021 at 04:27 AM..

Old 04-21-2021, 10:54 PM

Yw, Hope you get many wonder years from it.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:28 AM

14 posts, read 10,256 times
Nostalgia BST3AQ 3-in-1, delicious and easy to serve in less than 20 minutes. For those devices that seem to be having problems with low temperatures, try following the instructions a little further. For any setting, you must preheat for 5 minutes by turning the timer through 5 until the light comes on above the watch face. Then put the food in and reset the timer for the required time.

Old 01-21-2022, 05:16 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,776,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post

I bought both in store.

Convection/Toaster Oven:

Nice to see you here. My XL air fryer just died after 13 months of use. I have an older model that is five year old and still working. Made in China appliances. You just don't know if the one you get will last for years or months.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Nice to see you here. My XL air fryer just died after 13 months of use. I have an older model that is five year old and still working. Made in China appliances. You just don't know if the one you get will last for years or months.

I was lucky to have purchased mine a Sam's Club. After four years of use my first 5.3 XL Air Fryer died. I brought it back to Sam's Club with my receipt. They made the exchange without any issue.
I got a newer model, I paid the difference in price. But I've had the new air fryer for over 14 months.

My convection oven recently died. So I'm looking to replace it. I intend to get one at Sam's Club. It's not going to be an exact replacement. But the best replacement I can find that they sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products