Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 06:27 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times

Advertisements

$20 from Walmart?what is the brand name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 06:47 PM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
$20 from Walmart?what is the brand name?
It’s Mainstays (made for Walmart only) single serve dual brew coffee maker (it comes with reusable filter you can use instead of k cup for up to 14oz cup). It still shows up on Walmart site for $19.92 but it says “not available” underneath so I don’t know if it was discontinued or not.

Old 09-30-2022, 11:56 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Don't know anything about the proctorsilex. I recommend keur*g.

See if your brand has a reset switch. Or unplug the unit for 10 seconds.

When it takes force in order to puncture the pod, it might not be centered in the cone/holder. I usually slightly touch the pod until it is centered and keep my finger there as I slowly push the lever down and take my finger out right quick.

What style of pods do you have to use? Keurig style or Tassimo style?

I make tea in mine. I just shove a bag in the cone. Once I forgot to take the used bag out and put a new coffee pod in. I had to press the lever really realy hard to get the lights to go on.

Old 10-01-2022, 05:16 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
This is my first coffee maker using coffee pod,I used it for 2 days and it is slow but at least it gives me a cup of coffee.
This morning,the lite wont turn on and the lid could not close?
does any of us have the same problem,or does it have t o do with a cheap coffee maker,this is under $50
what would you recommend?

We only make one cup of coffee at a time, I wanted a cone style filter basket, not the Mr Coffee type filter because the #4 filters give a better cup of coffee.

I went to Target to buy a $20 black and decker but they didn't have it in stock any more, so I bought the coffee ninja linked below. You can use the reusable filter basket but in our opinion, the coffee is not as good because the water pours over the grinds too fast.

We've owned the coffee maker since early June, I'm pretty happy with it.

I would not do a pod type because of the waste, I also wouldn't use the reusable basket because of the water going over the grinds too fast.

The ninja was $80 but it was worth it. If you want good coffee but don't want to spend that kind of money, see if you can find a cheaper coffee maker that takes the number 4 cone filters. I did a quick google, this Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker $27.99 takes cone filters

Ninja 12 Cup Programmable Brewer

Last edited by Roselvr; 10-01-2022 at 05:29 AM..

Old 10-01-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
We only make one cup of coffee at a time, I wanted a cone style filter basket, not the Mr Coffee type filter because the #4 filters give a better cup of coffee.

I went to Target to buy a $20 black and decker but they didn't have it in stock any more, so I bought the coffee ninja linked below. You can use the reusable filter basket but in our opinion, the coffee is not as good because the water pours over the grinds too fast.

We've owned the coffee maker since early June, I'm pretty happy with it.

I would not do a pod type because of the waste, I also wouldn't use the reusable basket because of the water going over the grinds too fast.

The ninja was $80 but it was worth it. If you want good coffee but don't want to spend that kind of money, see if you can find a cheaper coffee maker that takes the number 4 cone filters. I did a quick google, this Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker $27.99 takes cone filters

Ninja 12 Cup Programmable Brewer

My Proctor Silex carafe coffee maker has a “Bold” button that you push to make it slower for stronger coffee. That was fairly cheap, too but it’s worked well for years now. Also don’t say never regarding pod makers only due to waste because the reusable k cups that you use your own coffee in work just as well. They even make tiny filters for them, I get mine on Amazon.

I like my coffee very strong then I make it sweet and light, so I use Cafe Bustelo or another cheap brand of espresso ground coffee in both the carafe and k cup coffee maker.

Old 10-01-2022, 08:34 AM

this is the first time I use a single cup coffee maker using coffee pod,I dont understand why it fails after 2 days,lite wont turn on.
My Black and Decker handheld vacuum cleaner which has a lithium battery inside conks out as well,after 2 years,I use it several times daily so it is the battery which has gone bad and I have to buy a new one as there is no way to replace the battery.

Old 10-01-2022, 08:36 AM

I wonder if they are all made by the same factories in China,whether it is Keurig,Cusinart,Proctor,Hamilton,they all look similar

Old 10-01-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
this is the first time I use a single cup coffee maker using coffee pod,I dont understand why it fails after 2 days,lite wont turn on.
My Black and Decker handheld vacuum cleaner which has a lithium battery inside conks out as well,after 2 years,I use it several times daily so it is the battery which has gone bad and I have to buy a new one as there is no way to replace the battery.

It sounds like you just got a defective one. Where did you get it? I would return it.

Old 10-01-2022, 03:03 PM

I bought this coffee maker from Macy.com.
i HAVE BEEN returning many items to Macy lately,clothes and shoes,the pictures look good but the material is very flimsy and the shoes have no support,they are not made by Macy,
Now I just use my Dunkin coffee pod to make coffee,I remove coffee grind from the pod and pour hot water over a coffee filter over my coffee cup, it tastes fine.
May be I should just buy the coffee grind and make coffee that way,it is cheaper and faster than a coffee pot using pods,pods are not cheap.
Buy 1/2 lb of coffee and grind it in the store?

Old 10-01-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I bought this coffee maker from Macy.com.
i HAVE BEEN returning many items to Macy lately,clothes and shoes,the pictures look good but the material is very flimsy and the shoes have no support,they are not made by Macy,
Now I just use my Dunkin coffee pod to make coffee,I remove coffee grind from the pod and pour hot water over a coffee filter over my coffee cup, it tastes fine.
May be I should just buy the coffee grind and make coffee that way,it is cheaper and faster than a coffee pot using pods,pods are not cheap.
Buy 1/2 lb of coffee and grind it in the store?
I think you should return it. I returned a humidifier to kohls after I used it, when it started to leak. I re-ordered the same one and the second one was fine.

Macy’s does not make any clothes. Though there are clothes brands that are made exclusively for Macy’s. I’m sorry your experience has been so poor with them. I ordered two cocktail dresses to try for my nephews wedding in November, and both were gorgeous when I tried them and seem well-made. They were kind of expensive too though but they have good coupons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products