Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2023, 07:59 PM

3,925 posts, read 6,840,880 times

Advertisements

Lets hear examples where you've had amazing experiences with companies or products. Here are some that come to mind for me:

1) We went to Buy Buy Baby to register for our first born and just happened to pick a DreamBaby Baby Gate. We had guests over and despite me explaining to them that need to push the button, they still never seemed to open it right. Ended up broken. I called customer service and got connected to someone right away. I explained what happened and they sent me a new part I needed free of charge. I've since learned it came with a lifetime warranty on top of it!

2) Discover card. They always connect me with someone right away as well. I've had to dispute three charges in my time with them and they reverse them right away. Their app is amazing as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2023, 10:39 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Lets hear examples where you've had amazing experiences with companies or products. Here are some that come to mind for me:

1) We went to Buy Buy Baby to register for our first born and just happened to pick a DreamBaby Baby Gate. We had guests over and despite me explaining to them that need to push the button, they still never seemed to open it right. Ended up broken. I called customer service and got connected to someone right away. I explained what happened and they sent me a new part I needed free of charge. I've since learned it came with a lifetime warranty on top of it!

2) Discover card. They always connect me with someone right away as well. I've had to dispute three charges in my time with them and they reverse them right away. Their app is amazing as well.
I have had great experiences with Discover through the years, too. No problem with any charge disputes, and they seem more on top of fraudulent activity than others.

My coolest company customer service experience was when I e-mailed Weetabix customer service (they are UK based if that's relevant) to ask if the corn they used in their corn flakes was GMO. It took quite some time to get an answer, but when I did I could see why. The original rep didn't know, so she sent it up to someone higher, and that person didn't know, so it kept going up and up. When I got the reply e-mail, the entire conversation chain was on it. It went to like a dozen people up the chain. You could see high up people trying to find the answer "Justin, do you know the answer to this? This is something we should know" and the chain didn't end until it reached a corporate Vice President, who responded to me saying they couldn't find a definitive answer that it wasn't, so I could assume it probably is GMO. But the conversation within the chain of staff continued, with the VP suggesting that this be discussed at the next meeting. You could tell they were all concerned about whether it was GMO corn, and it hadn't occurred to them before that it might be.

I couldn't believe the extent to which they went to find an answer to my question, and how much they cared about the answer.

Old 04-05-2023, 06:22 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
I used to like Choice Hotels for the fact that when you called the 800 number, a person answered the phone. None of this Press 1 for reservations, etc. Not sure if they still do that, haven't called in a long time. And one time a delightful lady from Ireland answered the phone! Now that's my kind of outsourcing!

Old 04-23-2023, 03:42 PM

1,514 posts, read 1,794,676 times
In no particular order:

-OnePlus Nord N10 5G phone. Feels like a high-end phone but costs less than $200. Have been using for a year, still very snappy unlike every iPhone/Android phone I've owned in the past that slows down after six months or so. It's not advertised as waterproof, but it survived an accidental swimming pool plunge a few months ago with no ill effects.

-Calimar Variable-Speed Pool pump. Has been saving us $50-60/month in electricity since we installed. Most VS pumps cost $1500-2000 - this one was less than $600! Will pay for itself in less than a year. And build quality is great.

-KitchenAid undercounter ice machine. I never would've spent my own $2000 on an icemaker, but it came with our house. Now I wouldn't want to be without one. Makes tasty, consistent, clear-ice cubes.

-Conrad hotels. My wife and I, who have no Hilton/Conrad status, showed up at the Conrad Macau a few hours before check-in time. We did not expect our room to be ready, and only intended to ask if we could leave our luggage. The staff profusely apologized that our assigned room wasn't ready and immediately upgraded us to a multi-room suite that was bigger than our apartment at the time. Now THAT is above-and-beyond service!

Old 04-24-2023, 01:55 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,381,452 times
Kind of simple but I have been really impressed with the AVEENO skin care line and you can find it in grocery stores and regular drug stores. The oatmeal products are really good for sensitive skin or anyone with excema -- and when my Mom was ill I started using the AVEENO calming lotion with lavender and chamomile on her -- it is very creamy and non-greasy and has a lovely smell -- very gentle and not overpowering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products