Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,052,777 times
Asheville, NC and Greenville, SC both have stores like Whole Foods!!!!!!!! Is Farmer's Seafood Store still open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 04:46 PM

53 posts, read 121,495 times
You're hung up on this Whole Foods issue, so I'll let you in on a little information that I know. About 4 or 5 years ago, a guy I knew told me in confidence that a company that was hired by Whole Foods to scout locations was looking at a piece of his land off I-49 near Mall St. Vincent. Something went awry and the deal never happened.

To me, Whole Foods is nothing special. It's a hippie-dippie company based in Austin, TX, and doesn't impress me very much. There are plenty of grocery stores in Shreveport-Bossier that have entire sections dedicated to that type of food. I don't give two craps about my health, so even if Shreveport had a Whole Foods Market, it wouldn't get any of my business.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 PM

3,073 posts, read 8,025,234 times
Well, many of us in SBC would like more healthful offerings, but for not having a whole foods or a trader joe's there is a wide selection of healthy foods in the area. I haven't figured out the method for attracting such although I will say that Memphis and Baton Rouge have whole foods and actually lower household incomes than we do. They are bigger cities, however, so that must be our limiting factor right there. If a city is smaller then it must be SUBSTANTIALLY wealthier and we may not be at quite the limit there. And the local demographics may also prevent that, I don't know. Would think with all the military folks who have experienced these places in other cities that we would have something like that.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastinaway View Post
You're hung up on this Whole Foods issue, so I'll let you in on a little information that I know. About 4 or 5 years ago, a guy I knew told me in confidence that a company that was hired by Whole Foods to scout locations was looking at a piece of his land off I-49 near Mall St. Vincent. Something went awry and the deal never happened.

To me, Whole Foods is nothing special. It's a hippie-dippie company based in Austin, TX, and doesn't impress me very much. There are plenty of grocery stores in Shreveport-Bossier that have entire sections dedicated to that type of food. I don't give two craps about my health, so even if Shreveport had a Whole Foods Market, it wouldn't get any of my business.
Some people want to live past 50 and not eat hormone injected meat.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Some people want to live past 50 and not eat hormone injected meat.
However I was speaking about myself. I was merely making a statement that my health is not of any concern to me, so I don't care either way. If Shreveport had a Whole Foods, that's great for those people who are so obsessed with it. Wonderful! Whoopee! Wow! Hurray!

I don't care if the next thing I eat kills me. I'm glad that "some people want to live past 50 and not eat hormone injected meat". Most upscale markets offer healthier options, making the need for Whole Foods not as big as so many people make it out to be.

And finally, what was your point in taking one little thing that I said ABOUT MY OWN SELF and turning it into a topic about "some people". I don't give a crap about you or any other person, so I don't care what "some people" want.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastinaway View Post
However I was speaking about myself. I was merely making a statement that my health is not of any concern to me, so I don't care either way. If Shreveport had a Whole Foods, that's great for those people who are so obsessed with it. Wonderful! Whoopee! Wow! Hurray!

I don't care if the next thing I eat kills me. I'm glad that "some people want to live past 50 and not eat hormone injected meat". Most upscale markets offer healthier options, making the need for Whole Foods not as big as so many people make it out to be.

And finally, what was your point in taking one little thing that I said ABOUT MY OWN SELF and turning it into a topic about "some people". I don't give a crap about you or any other person, so I don't care what "some people" want.
Because your entire post was your opinion about Whole Foods being in Shreveport. We don't care that you are "wastin' away."

Old 10-26-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Because your entire post was your opinion about Whole Foods being in Shreveport. We don't care that you are "wastin' away."
I'm a Jimmy Buffett fan from way back, a long time Parrot Head.

Yes, my entire post was an opinion - most posts on forums are opinions. You have every right to disagree with my opinion, but the part you singled out was the part where I mentioned that I don't care about my health, so Whole Foods means nothing to me. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Moderator cut: not allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-26-2012 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: don't do it again

Old 10-28-2012, 05:14 PM

Fresh Market is coming to all the three major Louisiana cities except Shreveport-Bossier??????????????????????? NOLA, BR and Lafayette.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 PM

974 posts, read 2,186,138 times
Like I've been saying all along, it's mostly due to market demographics, median income levels and per-capita spending that is the basis for such decisions. S'port-Bossier may have the populace but the spending-power per household ain't all that.
Now if you want to sell fast-food and cars, that's a different story.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 PM

Ok, how long will SB accept that maybe itsa hick town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City