Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 05:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,261 times

Advertisements

Greetings all and thanks for the good info on this forum.

I am looking to move away from my economically depressed area in California. I have done some research online and this area seems like a good possible choice for my family and I.

I would like to offer my computer repair services in the area as a means of income. What are the chances of that working out in that area? Is there a lot of competition, possibly room for one more? I was plenty successful here until the economy went sour in 2008. I would also be open to the idea of a computer tech job. I have checked Craigslist for that area, but tech jobs seem few and far between.

Is there a local website that people look to for jobs/rent etc.?

Thanks in advance...

Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 AM

509 posts, read 1,349,449 times
Best Buy's Geek Squad has tech positions, Knology, Midcontinent Communications, Avera health, Sanford Health, LodgeNet, and several small computer places around town. If you wanted you're own computer repair position, you'd do better to have another job and work at the tech part part-time because you'd be new in town and have to start over looking for clients. KELOLAND.com | Sioux Falls News & Weather, South Dakota News & Weather, Minnesota and Iowa News has an employment link on the left hand side of the page. Also Dakota Roots is a South Dakota Job website, I can't think of the url at the moment but if you Google Dakota Roots it should come up with a .gov website.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 PM

28 posts, read 79,401 times
Default SF area

There should be a position opening like that you you look hard. SF is a fine town and relatively un spoiled. The only issue you have to content with is the 3-4 months of winter which can be brutally cold.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:54 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
The credit card call center for Capital One just announced that they will be adding 800 jobs in Sioux Falls. It's not computer repair, but it is an opportunity for those looking for jobs that are computer savvy with good talking skills.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM

20 posts, read 57,274 times
Adding on to what jmgg said above i am sure that Capital one will need tech positions at the credit card center

Old 11-16-2011, 05:04 PM

509 posts, read 1,349,449 times
They have 400 people working there already and they are hiring another 400 within the next 6 months I think. There is also a company called TMone in Spearfish that is also hiring like 60 people as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls