Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:10 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaohinani View Post
Hmmmm, Interesting, thanks, I didn't know that Avera Mckennon was a catholic hospital. Do you think it would matter that I am a Mormon. Sometimes Catholics don't care for Mormons. What do you think?? I was hoping that it would be in favor of Sanford since they had the job that I really wanted, but I guess I have other factors to look at. But Thanks a bunch you guys, By the way, do any of you know each other and get together sometimes????
Kaohinani,
Religion should not be an issue. I'm sure many people of different religions work at these hospitals. I really wouldn't call it a "Catholic hospital"... . It's open to everyone, and there's no rules, standards, etc...

I've never met anyone on this forum, but I feel like I've gotten to know a lot of the regular posters on the SD forum.

Good luck with everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 08:56 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,569 times
McKennan started out with Catholic rootsl and was run by the Presentation Sisters for a number of years and people of all faiths and creeds have been and are welcomed there.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM

41 posts, read 132,033 times
I feel the same, that I would be more comfortable working in an environment that had the same priorities as myself. That would be including the religious aspect. I don't have anything against Catholics, and I know that they don't ask my religious affiliation, but it was just a question.
Too bad we can't all get together, you all sound like a great bunch of "guys"

Old 08-22-2008, 05:48 AM

34 posts, read 94,100 times
Hey Kao, I'm actually leaving tomorrow (Sat ) to go to Sioux Falls with my wife to look for a place to live. We'll be there until the 31st, and will be moving there the 2nd week of October for good. I would love to get together being that I've lived in New Jersey/New York my whole life and won't know anyone other than family and my wife's friends ( she's originally from Sioux Falls ). I'm so happy for you guys to be moving and good luck with the job search, it'll work out well. Both my wife's mom and aunt work for Mckennon and they both love it and have nothing bad to say, if that helps at all. Good Luck and hope to see you in the future.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:43 AM

Thanks cbest23, we will be arriving there on the 10th of September, and if all goes well we will be signing papers for our brand new home, well new to us that we just bought. We are so excited. I would love to get together with you and your wife. Make sure you look us up when you get there.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
OMG Kao, I didn't realize that you've already bought a house there. That is fantastic!!!

Well, just because we have not all gotten together YET doesn't mean that it couldn't happen in the future. Right?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:59 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times
cbest, Have a good and safe trip to SF! and Good Luck with the search. The weather for this weekend is looking good too.
Who knows, I've probably seen some of you guys before without knowing it. I deal with the public on a daily basis at work.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:33 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Ditto to what MJ said~Have a great trip, CB. Somehow I overlooked your post and I'm sorry.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Well what better time to start getting together than now. OK, when we get set up, I will try to arrange somewhere and sometime for us all to "hook-up" OK????? OK !!! I dont know the area obviously so I might need some suggestions, and please not a Starbucks, I am a mormon after all. LOL... Ok thanks, I am sooooo excited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls