Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 05:35 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
https://spielverlagerung.com/glossar...ies/kicknrush/

Kick, Rush and Goal !

I won't loose my time to provide millions of exemples
It's outdated man, by several decades. Same as German football, they no longer just play power and disciplined-based football. Both nations have evolved in style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 09:49 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
France only have to handball their way into world cups though.
Thierry Henry's no longer playing for Les Bleus! LOL!

Old 02-09-2018, 09:21 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Yeah i made it tongue and cheek as to a Frenchmans comments about the English only hoofing the ball, which anybody that knows the sport knows that isnt strictly true.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:51 AM

827 posts, read 631,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
It's outdated man, by several decades. Same as German football, they no longer just play power and disciplined-based football. Both nations have evolved in style.
So you agree it was true one day.

Quote:
Yeah i made it tongue and cheek as to a Frenchmans comments about the English only hoofing the ball, which anybody that knows the sport knows that isnt strictly true.
Isn't strictly true.
I agree not all english club plays like this nowadays, especially at high level.
But it was not a long time ago the the national team send long ball to Peter Crouch hoping he will score.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:50 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Peter Crouch is 8' tall. You'd have to be a muppet to not put the ball high onto his head.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:23 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
So you agree it was true one day.

Isn't strictly true.
I agree not all english club plays like this nowadays, especially at high level.
But it was not a long time ago the the national team send long ball to Peter Crouch hoping he will score.
No it wasn't true 'one day'!!! Good grief English football clubs have ALWAYS had different styles of play JUST LIKE ALL OTHER CLUBS AROUND THE WORLD! What you are trying to pass off as 'fact' is just stereotypical nonsense. English football clubs have been amongst THE most successful in the world, they have had foreign players and managers for decades, just because Wimbledon were 'rough and tumble and lump it to the big man up front' in the 80's doesn't mean that Liverpool were too! In fact Liverpool were THE best club in Europe around that time and they didn't get that way by 'lumping it up to Peter Crouch!'

Old 02-17-2018, 02:32 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
Quote:
I personally think Klinsmann was bad for US Soccer as a manger and should have been in youth development. I thought he tried to play beyond the US skillset and they suffered for it.

Sunil is corrupt to the core, I wouldnt expect him to leave anytime soon.

Arcenal hit the nail on the head. US Soccer will absolutely never progress when it costs so much. I never understood why matching tracksuits are more important than a few cones and a ball like it is everywhere else. Youll never progress when you charge so much and dont involve all youth. The US, with its population should have one of the best teams in the world but they price themselves out of competition.
I agree with this. Like basket ball. It was cheap for kids to play, so the ones who had interest could practise a lot. All they needed was a ball and some sneakers. You need to practise a LOT from a small age to get good at things like sports, dance and music IMO.

So lots of kids got practice, and suberb players resulted. If US kids need some expensive shoes, expensive rides to expensive clubs and expensive little fancy clothes...then they can't practise as much...and lots of good players might be priced out. The benefit goes to kids whose parents have money, and who may not be as dedicated.

Some foreign kids even play soccer with no shoes on. LOL What is with the fancy little shoes? You should only get them once you are good enough and they made you play barefoot for 6 months. JK don't sue me.

Personally I think they made a MISTAKE getting rid of Juergs because we lost some of the small time tournaments. Who cares about them? Kinkytoes did not. IMO the World cup is the big deal, and that Arenas whatever his name is messed up big time.

We could INJURE our good players before the world cup on the local tournaments.... That would have been a waste of our babies and our time. But hey...I'm not in charge of US SOCCER...I may not have any experience...but as soon as I get enough money...watch out.

My final thought is that lots of our players are 1st or 2nd gen immigrants. The whole political tone of hating on these people may have made it seem like the country was not behind our team. Their morale must have been so low. I'm kind of unhappy about that.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:42 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
My final thought is that lots of our players are 1st or 2nd gen immigrants. The whole political tone of hating on these people may have made it seem like the country was not behind our team. Their morale must have been so low. I'm kind of unhappy about that.
If that's the case, then butch up! Those kinds of soft characters will abhor playing friendlies in Europe while getting batteries, blood or urine bombs lobbed at them while getting their family trees called out on the pitch...

Old 05-05-2018, 10:43 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
The USA is Not Alone, Italy and Chile also will be absent...What's really heartbreaking is that Chile is #9 in the World in the last FIFA Ranking, they surpass many Nations that will be in The Russian WC, The S AM eliminatories have got to be the Hardests in all FIFA Confederations. And that's the price you have to pay.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:25 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,650,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
In other USA news, a tree fell in the woods.
but did it make sound????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer