Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:38 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,905,090 times

Advertisements

but how is the "teaching" different? Having no union has nothing to do with teaching, nor does the parents using the school as a daycare. That is being done all over the US, esp in many poor areas and urban city schools here up North too.

but what specifically is different teaching, it isnt different in mt pleasant

Islandtown:
Bishop England is a great private school on Daniel island
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 PM

29 posts, read 118,142 times
PLEASE COME TO BEAUFORT COUNTY!!!!
We live in Hilton Head/Bluffton Area. Our teachers here are great! But we need more.! My husband and I are from PGH, to we've been here 10 years and love it!! If I can help in any way please let me know.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:39 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times
Of course you all could come to G-d's Country - http://www.iss.k12.nc.us/schools/per.../07jobfair.pdf

Old 03-21-2007, 05:11 PM

28 posts, read 113,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey M. View Post
PLEASE COME TO BEAUFORT COUNTY!!!!
We live in Hilton Head/Bluffton Area. Our teachers here are great! But we need more.! My husband and I are from PGH, to we've been here 10 years and love it!! If I can help in any way please let me know.
If you know someone there, please let me know! I will be sending my SC teaching application next monday (26 march 2007)...I am SSSSOOOO excited!

I would love to lock up a job early, so my wife can transfer with Lowe's, her job she LOVES the company!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I am interested in teaching grades 4 thru 8.

Thanks!

Old 03-31-2007, 12:57 PM

5 posts, read 15,941 times
Default Teacher wishing to transfer to SC

What about transfer benefits? I'd like to transfer from a high school in South Florida to one in Aiken SC. How difficult is it to find teaching jobs in that area (IT/business/computer related) - either high school or even adjunct at one of the junior or technical colleges? I have a MS and will have Nat'l Board Certification by then.

Do they credit you with years teaching or do you have to start all over at step one? What about pension benefits - again are you able to apply previous teaching time to a pension?

We own land in Aiken and are looking forward to moving there within the next 5 years if we are lucky and can sell our house here (S FL). It would be great if I could get a teaching job there - otherwise I'll have to take early retirement.

Any advice?

Old 03-31-2007, 03:32 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,147,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myvonne View Post
what about the school district in rock hill sc? I thinking of moving there and have 3 children who are just begining schol. How is rock hill?
If you're thinking about that area you might want to look at Fort Mill Schools. www.fort-mill.k12.sc.us. You can go online to my website to look at property and get an idea what you'd expect to pay for a home in Fort Mill. It's a very nice community just south of Charlotte. Let me know if I can help.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:22 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
Do you like the beach?? Consider the schools in the Waccamaw Neck area in Georgetwon County: http://www.gcsd.k12.sc.us/

Old 04-02-2007, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,386 times
Default Fort Mill

Moved here 12 years ago from Northeast. LOVE IT! Teachers in high demand. Many areas of need, both public and private. Best schools, taxes and lifestyle in Fort Mill, SC (on state line south of Charlotte, NC) For more info visit www.regentparknews.com or www.FPOTC.com

Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 PM

11 posts, read 38,299 times
Do not move to Florence, South Carolina! It sucks!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:40 PM

7 posts, read 25,691 times
my sister in law came from NYC to teach in Fort Mill and she hates it. She is moving back to NY this summer and never looking back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina