Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:25 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Well I am sure they could, and for those who benefit from it that would certainly be better than no option at all. But, call me crazy, wouldn't it be easier, more cost effective, and less of a burden on our health care system to just legalize the stuff and keep the pharmaceutical companies out of it?
Sure..... As long as I don't have to put up with it in public places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 08:29 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Default It has!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Can someone please clear something up for me? Why, why, WHY is "medical marijuana" always associated with ugly, stinky joints? Can't the drug or medical components of the herb be distilled into clean little pills? Seems to me, that should have been done LONG ago...

This has been done. A fairly long time ago.

Marinol - the Legal Medical Use for the Marijuana Plant (http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html - broken link)

Old 11-05-2010, 03:13 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,961 times
Default Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
This has been done. A fairly long time ago.

Marinol - the Legal Medical Use for the Marijuana Plant (http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html - broken link)
Marinol is a pure synthetic form of THC, which is only one of the active ingredients in marijuana. It would seems odd that a synthetic form of THC is legal and the natural form is not, until you understand that using a typical dosing, it would cost you $8,000 per year to use marinol, while marijuana could be grown in any sunny spot, and cost next to nothing if it were legal.

The DEA makes a lot of noise about marijuana not being a medicine because many use smoking as a delivery method (same as nicotine, which is legal), but it tends to ignore the other options, like vaporization or direct ingestion.

The DEA also likes to say that you can't gauge dosage properly if the patient smokes the medication, but since marijuana is non toxic, you can't get into a life threating situation with marijuana, like you can if you take too much tylenol, so your DR doesn't need to be concerned with dose, plus you can self limit your dosage to whatever is effective for you without harm.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Take another toke and reread my answer........Maybe you will understand that I was not making a statement about this, but responding to the question of pill form and "clean little pills".

Old 11-12-2010, 01:31 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,961 times
Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Take another toke and reread my answer........Maybe you will understand that I was not making a statement about this, but responding to the question of pill form and "clean little pills".
Put down the beer and try to understand that the world doesn't revolve around you, or what you write. This is a discussion among several people not a conversation between us.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:49 PM

Then why did you quote my post in your answer?????

Old 11-14-2010, 06:11 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
I think Pot smells a lot better than cigars and cigarettes that are REALLY stinky and much more harmful to your health including for those breathing the smoke passively.

I think even in SC, particularly if you live in a stand alone single family home on a decent sized lot, you would have nothing to worry about if your guest smoked a joint while visiting. It isn't like local police have odor detectors on every home...that is a few years off (I'm kidding- hopefully kidding). You could always have them smoke outside.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,204 times
I appreciate everyone's input. They actually did not end up visiting so it ended up being a non-issue, well at least for me. IMO it should be a non-issue for everyone but I'm not trying to open up that can of worms on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It isn't like local police have odor detectors on every home...that is a few years off (I'm kidding- hopefully kidding).
LOL ... yes, let's hope that doesn't happen.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 PM

19 posts, read 13,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
The DEA also likes to say that you can't gauge dosage properly if the patient smokes the medication
This is one of the DEA's BIGGEST lies.

If the patient smokes the medication, he can stop smoking it as soon as he reaches his own preferred therapeutic level and keep it there as long as necessary. A patient has absolutely no control once he swallows a pill.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:01 PM

343 posts, read 1,046,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Well I am sure they could, and for those who benefit from it that would certainly be better than no option at all. But, call me crazy, wouldn't it be easier, more cost effective, and less of a burden on our health care system to just legalize the stuff and keep the pharmaceutical companies out of it?
Well then what would the pharmaceutical lobbyists spend their money on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina