Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2006, 08:06 PM

5 posts, read 23,514 times

Advertisements

How's the Red Bank area in Lexington County South Carolina?
Crime, schools, shopping areas, quality of life, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2006, 08:49 PM

5 posts, read 22,919 times
I just replied to your post on Spring Knoll. If you have any other question on this area feel free to ask.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the information. I decided to go with the spring knoll community.
I'm still curious to know why you recomended to stay away from Lexington Hills community.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:18 AM

5 posts, read 22,919 times
Communities down here can be very different from others as far as style and resale value. Lexington Hills has several builders, building houses, which will make each street look totally different from others. The bad part about this is, lot sizes will vary, houses can be very close to each other, one builder really won't care about another and drainage to another builders house will not be a factor to them. Drainage is very important at Lexington Hills for OBVIOUS reasons. I know people in Lexington Hills and they are having many problems with these types of situations.
Lexington Hills was not really selling very well till the builder at Spring Knoll and Summer Knoll came. These two communities are from the same builder and they build a good middle of the line house, on top of the HILL. They do a very good job planning the community. When you drive through Spring/Summer Knoll and then Lexington Hills you will see the difference very quickly. They also have community pool that Lexington Hills is not a part of.
My community is only two miles up the road from Spring/ Summer Knoll, it is called Aberdeen Farms. You will see the same style community as what you are looking at. We have lived in this house for just over three years and the houses value has grown over $30k. This will not happen in Lexington Hills. Quality and good planning are big factors. Like anywhere else in the country location, location, location is very important.
Spring Knoll is a good community, Lexington One School District is excellent, and the people are great. The town of Lexington is moving out to this area and growth is good. It has changed a lot in three years. The roads surrounding Spring/Summer Knoll will be four lanes in the next couple of years, which will help with the new congestion from the Yankees moving down. There will be a WalMart a mile away, they love WalMart down here. You have White Knoll High School, which my daughter loves, and a new Elementary and Middle School being built which will open next school year. Like I said, great location and great people.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:19 PM

It looks like I won't go wrong with Spring Knoll. I've contacted the builder and an independent real estate agent will be representing me throught the buying process. Your information helped me a lot. I have two daughters and knowing that the schools in the area are excellent too makes me feel much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: