Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 PM

235 posts, read 528,437 times

Advertisements

To answer your worries worried momgrandma. I m from Florence and can give you a good view of the area. The best schools in Florence tends to be in the West Florence Area and South Florenc area, Sneed Middle School is a good school for the 15 year grandson and will continue to West Florence High School as he gets older which have a decent football program. For your granddaughter, all public schools have very good programs for students with Learning Disabilities. Theres plenty of daycares for the youngest that are real good. Since your daughter will be working in healthcare, McLeod Medical Center and Carolina's Hosptial System are two of states top health centers in South Carolina. Florence is very good city to live in. Like any other city, it has its bad spots, mainly in the northern and eastern parts of the cities. Nice neighborhoods to live in are Forest Lake Area, Lake Oakdale Area, Ebenezer Chase, Hampton Pointe, Pine Needles Road Area, Grove Park, Windsor Forest and Vintage Place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,884 times
Default moving to florence

hello,
can someone please tell me about west florence? i am going to buy a home and i was told that west florence was a good place to start.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:11 PM

235 posts, read 528,437 times
Yes, West Florence is the best area to live in Florence. Its the location of the mall and a lot of other shopping areas. Most of the neighborhoods I named earlier in this thread can found in West Florence.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,407 times
Hello everyone all the information and blogs about moving to florence seems to be based on young families, i am 22 years of age and have been offered a job in floence. I am used to living in a big city and enjoy night life, clubs live music etc aswell as outdoor activities......what is this side of florence like??

Old 08-14-2010, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 12,938 times
I don't know who you were offered a job with, but I have a 21 year old son, and I have lived in Florence all my life (52yrs). I also have a son 17. Both of them I am sure would tell you if you like the night life and big cities where there are things to do, RUN!!!! Yes Myrtle Beach is close but we rarely go because of all the touirist and traffic, There are not really any nice night clubs and this summer both of my sons went to several concerts and the closest was Charleston. You might like somewhere like that or Columbia better. The reason I asked about your job was that unemployment is very high here, and there are always large layoffs with several of the plants and industry here. My oldest son can not wait to get out of Florence. Don't get me wrong, I love living here but I am not 22, and when I was things were different. I would take another look around, maybe go to the Francis Marion University website and ask some of the students there what they think. Good luck and if you have already moved here let me know how it's going

Old 05-28-2012, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,631 times
I am looking to relocate with my family to Florence or surrounding areas in a couple of months. I have 2 boys who aren't in school yet, but I would like to live in an area with good schools. We are relocating from Philadelphia and the crime here is awful. I can't raise my children here. My family is originally from Marion, and I always love the atmosphere down south. Just looking for any helpful suggestions before I get my move started.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:18 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmckee518 View Post
I am looking to relocate with my family to Florence or surrounding areas in a couple of months. I have 2 boys who aren't in school yet, but I would like to live in an area with good schools. We are relocating from Philadelphia and the crime here is awful. I can't raise my children here. My family is originally from Marion, and I always love the atmosphere down south. Just looking for any helpful suggestions before I get my move started.
Actually, some of the relatively bigger towns in that part of SC can get serious in that regard too. Perhaps Conway or North Myrtle Beach could work.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,016 times
Default Looking to movie to Florence sc

Hi am looking to movie to Florence I now live in mt pleasant sc it's nice but not for me way to price and the people here let's just say if you don't come from money your not welcome much here and I don't come from money got a break renting here and the schools were what I need for my boys now one is in college and the other will be starting high school next year, the place I was luck to rent for the last few years the owner just toll me in sept he is letting it go into for-closer, I need a place with a good high school and some were I can feel safe as I have had a bad experience a few years ago with a break in I had just brought my frist home out side of Georgetown sc and came home from work and some one had kicked my front door in a Robbed me clean, was only there 9 months put the house on the market and got out that's how I ended up in mt pleasant after living and working in n.y all my life and never had any thing happen out side of a car finder you know that scared me to death, but as I said I can not afford to stay here in mt pleasant and I need to movie on quick I would like to movie to Florence but am reading so much about the crime is it trueley that bad and need ifo on a nice safe place to be with family like people am 50 so I don't need the fast life just a safe place with good schools and nice down to earth people

Thanks for any ifo

Old 11-10-2013, 02:21 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,946,931 times
Well I'll tell you this, Florence is nothing like Mt P! I love Florence because it definitely has that small town feel to it. The crime there is really not bad , most of it is non-violent crimes. There are a handful of robberies there but no more than anywhere else it seems like. Florence doesn't have the best schools, nothing like a Wando or a Dutch Fork or a Ft Mill, but the schools aren't that bad, west Florence and south Florence are the two better schools, Wilson is the third and even Wilson isn't terrible, just none of them are like the top tier high schools you'd find in places like Mt Pleasant or Lexington.

I think looking at somewhere on the West Side of town, that's the nicer apart of town but still very affordable and you never will have that whole "if you don't come from money" attitude anywhere in Florence like you did in Mt P, Florence people are very accepting and not a lot of people in Florence are super wealthy like those in places like mt p, and even those folks in Florence are nice and accepting.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 750 times
Default cypress pointe

ill be moving to florence this summer. does anyone have any information about the subdivision cypress point (700 cashua drive) in florence, sc?
im debating between cypress point and the emerson.
any information about the cypress area would be greatly appreciated.
i am a young professional that will be working at mcleod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina