Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 10:21 AM

4 posts, read 21,718 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in hunting the upstate area and plan on using my crossbow this year. I would like to hunt deer, hogs and small game. I live in Simpsonville,SC
Area and would like for someone to lead me in the right direction. My name is Ernie and my e-mail is Irvingernie@gmail.com Can you help me, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 AM

21 posts, read 53,367 times
Ive actually found the best area in South Carolina for hunting is Fairfield County. Our family owns a second house there just for hunting. I was driving through a few weeks ago and saw four deers along the side of the road near I77. However, thats probably a bit longer than you want to drive, but I promise you that you wouldnt be disappointed. Ive also found Newberry county is a great place for hunting, and from Simpsonville it wouldnt be too far.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Default Thanks for the info

Thank you cosmogonal I appreciate all the help I can get. I hope you don't mind but I added you to my own friend list? Anyway, I was hoping to pick your brain a bit. Could you tell me where about in Newberry county would be a good place to go and start from. I haven't hunted In South Carolina but only a few times and that was two years ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm not new to hunting, I'm just out of touch with my surroundings! LOL! Buddy, if you ever need a hunting buddy just let me know. God Bless you and good luck in the field.

Your Friend,

Ernie

Old 10-04-2011, 09:29 PM

21 posts, read 53,367 times
No problem. Id reccomend Prosperity as far as a good hunting place to go. Its great for hunting and fishing. Im from Lexington, so for me Prosperity is a good 30 minutes away. Im sure from Simpsonville it wouldnt be that much further. Probably about 40-45 minutes?

Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 PM

Hey Buddy, what's the deal with Prosperity? Is that in Newberry county and is there a WMA nearby? The reason being is cause I've never been there before and feel like a fish out of water,LOL! Would I need to ask folks if I could hunt on their property? Or, could you tell me more regarding the area so I could get a better feel for the area? Any and all info you provide me is helpful and very much appreciated, God Bless you buddy.

Your Friend,

Ernie

Old 10-06-2011, 08:39 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
There used to be a hunting/fishing radio show Saturday mornings on 104.9fm. You may want to check it out, assuming it is still running. I know hunting is popular in most rural parts of the Upstate, but I've heard the Calhoun Falls area (Abbeville County) is especially nice.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Thank you Skyliner, I will check out that station but is there a particular time in the A.M. that hunting show comes on? Let me know if you can , will you? God Bless you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina