Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2006, 07:25 AM

20 posts, read 73,134 times

Advertisements

Any one have any information on the Clemson area?? How cold does it get there and when they do have ice,(and are without power) how does every one stay warm? Someone told us that the weather is very temperate, even though they are at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. And what a great college...."Clemson"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2006, 08:25 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
I live about 25 minutes from clemson. It doesn't get that cold here, but I guess cold is relative. If the power goes out during an ice storm I guess most people stay with friends or get a hotel room? We don't get a lot of ice storms. Usually it seems like one or two a year.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:33 PM

212 posts, read 923,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
I live about 25 minutes from clemson. It doesn't get that cold here, but I guess cold is relative. If the power goes out during an ice storm I guess most people stay with friends or get a hotel room? We don't get a lot of ice storms. Usually it seems like one or two a year.
PaullySC, you're in Greenville, correct? I thought Clemson..the University in particular, was 40 miles from Greenville??

Old 09-16-2006, 06:38 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tismekll View Post
PaullySC, you're in Greenville, correct? I thought Clemson..the University in particular, was 40 miles from Greenville??
Actually I'm in Anderson right now. Moved here from Greenville but we're moving back to Greenville soon.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:43 AM

20 posts, read 73,134 times
Can you describe CLemson to me?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,810 times
Clemson: US News and World Report's 22nd Best Public University.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 10-31-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: post you are referring to is deleted

Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM

177 posts, read 971,606 times
There's really not a big difference in Clemson, Greenville, or Anderson.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:50 AM

58 posts, read 142,446 times
I've been in Clemson now for 4.5 years working on my undergraduate degree.
Clemson lacks a lot of the amenities of a larger city. You will have to drive to easley, seneca, or Anderson If you want to do any sort of shopping. If you want to go to a concert, littlejohn coliseum on campus hosts some often, but you will most likely have to drive to Atlanta or Charlotte to see any big name bands or performers. Greenville in my opinion has a small up and coming concert scene, not as good as the above cities but its better than Clemson.

It really doesn't get unbearably cold here. Typical foothill mountain weather, might get a big snow every 5 years or so. I think it might snow 2 or 3 small snows a year If you are lucky.

Personally I don't like it here. While the college is great and football games are quite fun, the overwhelming catering to the student population is too much for me. Too many bars, pizza shops,and sub shops for me. Also when summer is in session,it is so boring! Everyone is gone and the town is almost like a ghost town.

I have enjoyed my time here but I think its time to move on to a larger more progressive city. If I was older and could appreciate the often quiet atmosphere of Clemson, this place would be ideal. But I'm 22, soon out of college,single, and craving new experiences so Clemson has got to go for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina